The Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED) presented 11 Golden Prospector Awards and seven Golden Prospector Awards of Merit recognizing excellence, innovation and creativity in economic development.
The Town of Gilbert won four Golden Prospector Awards for its “Fiscal Year 2015 Annual Report,” special events “Business Walk” and “Red Carpet Tour & Mayor’s Economic Forecast,” and deal of the year, “Orbital ATK.”
Scottsdale’s “Swipe Right Scottsdale” event and its “JDA Software” deal of the year also received Golden Prospector Awards.
The city of Maricopa won for its multi-media “Business Beat,” a video series designed to encourage residents to spend their dollars locally by raising awareness of Maricopa business.
Also earning a multi-media Golden Prospector Award was the city of Surprise for its “Bell and Grand Intersection Project- Business Retention” communications project.
Arizona@Work’s website, along with Sun Corridor Inc.’s deal of the year “Caterpillar Surface Mining & Technology Division- Regional Headquarters Relocation to Tucson” and the city of Prescott’s deal of the year “VinylVisions” also claimed top honors.
The multimedia promotions included a promotional piece, series of promotional pieces or promotional campaign that contained non-printed elements. These included videos, mailed promotional items, etc.
The marketing brochures were required to introduce the state, county, community, region, or area of expertise to either:
- Prospects for industrial, commercial, retail, or general development opportunities, or
- A specific purpose, such as promoting an industrial park or other specific types of promotions.
The special events category includes meetings, seminars, marketing tours, events, or trips designed to develop prospects and promote economic development.
Golden Prospector Awards of Merit went to:
- Greater Prescott Regional Economic Partnership — marketing videos
- Mesa – marketing videos
- Goodyear – marketing brochure/packet
- Gilbert — “Ambassador Forum: Tourism” special event
- Peoria – “Investment Forum” special event
- Mesa Phoenix Gateway Airport — “Envision Gateway” special event
- Queen Creek — “InvestTheQC.com” website
The awards were presented at AAED’s Fall Forum in Flagstaff.