The Arizona Bankers Association (AzBA) announced that Lynne B. Herndon, city president for BBVA Compass, will serve as the 2012-2013 chairman of the board of directors for the association. Herndon succeeds James Lundy, president and CEO of Alliance Bank of Arizona, as chairman of the association.
“I am excited to step into the chairman role and work with the other board and association members,” said Herndon. “These last few years have required steadfast legislative attention and advocacy at all levels. We have also had to respond to heightened regulatory attention and pressures. Acting with a single voice has made a larger impact. I look forward to continuing to strengthen the unified voice of the bankers within the state.”
Herndon has worked in banking for roughly 24 years. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and MBA from the University of Alabama as well as obtained the certified public accountant designation. Herndon has served as an active member of the AzBA board since 2008. She has served in the capacity of chair-elect for the association for the past two years.
In addition to Herndon’s election to chairman, the AzBA announced the election of its 2012-2013 board of directors during its recent 109th Annual Convention & Meeting. The new board consists of the following officers who provide leadership to the association and the members of its staff.
· Chair: Lynne B. Herndon, City President, BBVA Compass
· Chair-Elect: Mike Thorell, President, Pinnacle Bank
· Vice-Chairman: Benito Almanza, Arizona President, Bank of America
· Immediate Past Chairman: James Lundy, CEO, Alliance Bank of Arizona
· Toby Day, Arizona President, Arizona Business Bank
· Gail Grace, President & CEO, Sunrise Bank of Arizona
· Steve Johnson, President, BMO Harris Bank
· Chuck Luhtala, President, Canyon Community Bank
· Brian Riley, CEO, Mohave State Bank
· Joe Stewart, Chairman & CEO Arizona, JP Morgan Chase N.A.
· Gerrit van Huisstede, Regional President, Well Fargo Bank N.A.
· Candace Wiest, President & CEO, West Valley National Bank
“I am pleased and honored to have these distinguished banking professionals serve and guide our association in the coming year,” said Paul Hickman, president and CEO of the AzBA. “I look forward to a successful and productive year with Lynne and the newly-elected board.”