“A Celebration of Leadership” will be the theme at the Association for Corporate Growth-Arizona Chapter Breakfast on September 19, this year with a spotlight on those on Boards of Directors and the challenges they face in governance.
“A Celebration of Leadership,” featuring the Board of Directors Panel, will take place from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 19 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort Grand Ballroom.
The event’s keynote presentation will be a panel discussion including some of Arizona’s most involved business leaders on public and private boards. The panel will be moderated by James O’Sullivan, Shareholder at Tiffany & Bosco, P.A. The panelists will include:
• Rich Dozer: Rich currently serves on the Board of Swift Transportation (Chairman), Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Apollo Education Group and Viad Corporation (Chairman).
• Kent Hawryluk: Ken is a board member and co-founder of Gemphire Therapuetics, a partner in Twilight Venture Partners and has 25 years of experience as an entrepreneur.
• Jack Henry: Jack serves on the Board of Directors of Grand Canyon Education, Inc. and TPI Composites Inc. and currently serves as the chairman of both audit committees. He also currently serves on the boards of directors of several private and nonprofit organizations.
• Bob Johnson: Bob is the former CEO of Honeywell Aerospace and serves on the board of Roper Industries, Spirit AeroSystems (as Chairman), Beechcraft (as Chairman) and Spirit Airlines.
• Katie Pushor: Katie has served on the Board of Directors for Insight, Blood Systems, Creative Testing Solutions and Experience Matters.
The panel will be joined by leaders from throughout the Valley business community to discuss the importance of impactful leadership and the transformative effect it can have on not only our economy, but on our communities as a whole.
“’A Celebration of Leadership’ has become a great annual tradition for ACG Arizona, and we could not be more pleased to feature these leaders for a discussion of how Boards and their members are facing today’s economy,” said John Prenzno, Board President of ACG Arizona. “We look forward to hearing their insights on the role and importance of leadership in their organizations and in our state.”
Tickets are $59 for ACG members if registered by September 15 and $69 for ACG members after September 15; and $79 for non-ACG members if registered by September 15 and $89 for non- ACG members after September 15.
Tickets may be purchased by visiting www.acg.org/arizona or calling 602-448-3981.
Founded in 1954, the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) is a global association for professionals involved in corporate growth, corporate development, and mergers and acquisitions. Today ACG stands at more than 14,000 members from corporations, private equity, finance, and professional service firms representing Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, FTSE 100, and mid-market companies in 56 chapters in North America, Europe, and Asia. The Arizona chapter of ACG includes representatives from corporate investment and private equity groups, financiers, venture capitalists and supporting consultant services. For more information, visit www.acg.org/arizona.