AZRE Magazine September/October 2013
‘When one door closes, another opens …’
There are many famous quotes and accomplishments that can be attributed to Alexander Graham Bell. One of his more famous lines reads: “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” In the commercial real estate industry, there were a lot of doors that were closed during the Great Recession. But thanks to the dogged determination, resiliency and leadership of Arizona’s commercial real estate companies — both big and small — the doors are once again opening and the industry is poised to capitalize on those opportunities. In this issue of AZRE, we look into:
- Office and industrial: A panel of five experts size up two sectors that are gaining momentum once again. Also, a new and improved “Big Deals.”
- Multi-family: This sector continues to sizzle. Check out our annual special section with the Arizona Multihousing Association.
- Urban Land Institute: Arizona’s statewide convener for dialogue among industry leaders — true visionaries.
- Coreslab Structures: Celebrating 25 years of excellence in Arizona.
- Law: Social media becoming a new and necessary tool.
Finally, I’m sad to say that this is the last issue of AZRE to which former editor Peter Madrid will contribute. Peter helped build AZRE into the definitive publication for Arizona’s commercial real estate industry. So while we appreciate Peter’s contributions, we are happy that Amanda Ventura (pictured above) is taking the baton and bringing her award-winning journalism skills to AZRE. Amanda’s expertise, energy and commitment to excellence will make AZRE an even more authoritative voice for the industry.
When one door closes, another opens.
Amanda Ventura, Editor
Take it with you! On your mobile, go to m.issuu.com to get started.