Let’s face it; social media is a part of our everyday lives. And yes, there is a difference between being on social media as a person and a business.
Consumers are now relying on social media to keep in touch with a business, or to learn about their new product, promotion or event. As a business, no matter how big or small, social media can increase your following and brand recognition.
Here are a few tips on how to make the most out of social media:
1. Consistency – post on a regular basis so people have a reason to follow you. For example, a fitness company that posts great workout tips every week is probably going to have more followers than a company that posts a few times a month. The more active you are with your posts, the more you will be top of mind for consumers.
2. Engagement – be sure to like and respond to your followers. It is not necessary to respond to every single comment you get, but it is important to address any issues or questions that you may get on a post. People like to know they are being heard and appreciated.
3. Analytics – review your stats on a regular basis to see what is working and what isn’t and adjust your strategy accordingly. If you notice posts with photos get more likes or shares, it will be more beneficial for you to do more posts with photos than without, etc. The more that you post what is being liked, the more likes and engagement you will get on future posts.
4. Be active – and that does not mean just with your own posts! Make sure you follow and share other businesses and people’s posts. Find likeminded businesses and share their tips or motivational post. The more you engage with other business, the more visibility you will have, because chances are they will start sharing your posts.
5. Stay trendy – stay in the moment! If you have a relevant post to go along with a popular hashtag or trending topic, post it! Consumers like to see that you are “in the know” and can be versatile in your posts. Yes, posting about your business is the reason you are on social media, but posting something that is trending and current will help you connect with your target audience.
Using these five tips will help you get your businesses social media off the ground and connected a little more with your audience.