RED Development today announced that its Flagstaff, Ariz. Development, Aspen Place at the Sawmill, recently broke ground on its housing component, Village at Aspen Place. The apartments’ ground breaking follows several high profile openings, lease signings and the announcement of a major transition for one of the development’s main anchor’s, New Frontiers.
New Retail and Expansions for Flagstaff
· REI opened April 25, 2014 in a 24,000 separate square-foot space on the west side of the property
· Alliance Bank opened a full-service banking office in June 2014 in a 6,000 square foot space north of REI on the west side of the development
· Francesca’s will occupy a 1,200 square-foot space and plans to open spring 2015 near Flagstaff Jean Company. Francesca’s is one of the fastest growing specialty retailers and specializes in whimsical and eclectic collections of clothes, handbags, shoes, jewelry and gifts.
· Eddie Bauer is set to open October 9, 2014 in a 4,700 square foot space. The specialty retailer sells sportswear, outerwear, footwear, gear and accessories for the active outdoor lifestyle.
· Whole Foods Market (formerly New Frontiers) is ready to serve the needs of the community of Flagstaff with the highest quality natural and organic foods available. Open daily from 8am to 9pm.
· Wildflower Bread Company is expanding by an additional 500 square feet bringing their total footprint to more than 4,600 square feet. Increased demand for its artisan breads – baked fresh daily – as well as its healthy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner prompted the growth. The additional square footage allows increased operational opportunities and expanded catering options for the neighborhood-style restaurant and bakery that serves as the only location in Flagstaff.
“RED continues to demonstrate its commitment to Flagstaff and long-term development vision as it brings retail, restaurants and service providers that meet the needs of our community,” said Kevin Burke, city manager for the City of Flagstaff. “It is truly amazing how they have converted an unproductive piece of land in the middle of Flagstaff into a vibrant, live, shop, play development.”
Village at Aspen Place
The luxury apartments are being built just south of the existing Aspen Place retail and will be situated above and adjacent to a new 32,634 square-feet retail section. The one- and two- bedroom apartments are co-developed by VanTrust Real Estate, LLC and EPC Real Estate Group, LLC (formerly known as Land Development Strategies, LLC and ePartment Communities). Wespac Construction, Inc. with a full-service Northern Arizona office in Flagstaff, is the project’s general contractor.
The apartments feature upgraded kitchens, bathrooms and appliances, as well as numerous amenities including a courtyard with heated pool, gourmet barbeque grill with outdoor seating, fire pit with flat screen television, on-site services and a resident clubhouse featuring a 24-hour fitness center, personal trainer, massage therapists and more. A five-level garage with 344 structured parking spaces plus an additional 101 surface spaces will offer convenient resident and guest parking.
“These luxury apartments create a new rental opportunity in Flagstaff with unparalleled retail amenities,” said Brett Heron, Executive Vice President, Finance for RED Development. “Residents will appreciate being within walking distance of Aspen Place at the Sawmill’s grocery shopping, exciting new retail, restaurants and service providers.”