Shamrock Farms, Arizona’s hometown dairy, is offering several fun seasonal activities great for the whole family:
- Roxie Costume Party, Oct. 27, 2012: Wear your Halloween costume and celebrate chocolate milk as the official drink of Halloween with Roxie.
- Family Fall Fun, Nov. 3 and 10, 2012: Enjoy Fall weather out on the Farm with a balloon artist, crafts for the kids and free ice cream for everyone!
- 6th Annual Joy to the Herd, Dec. 1 – 2, 2012: Holiday celebration featuring 15 tons of snow, holiday crafts, visits with Santa and Roxie, face painting and more.
- Breakfast With Roxie, Feb. 2, 2013: Stay in your PJ’s all day and enjoy a healthy breakfast, complete with Shamrock Farms milk, while Roxie greets children, is available for photos and leads a special pillow case craft.
- Sweetheart Seniors Dance, Feb. 14, 2013: Seniors are invited to celebrate Valentine’s Day down on the Farm with free Strawberry milk, cookies and dancing.
- Easter Egg Hunt, March 30, 2013: Easter egg hunt at Roxie’s Outdoor Adventure.
Each celebration includes Shamrock Farms’ one-hour guided tour featuring a ride on a cow-spotted tram, a milking barn that accommodates 1,600 cows (milking 200 at a time), an interactive play zone including a larger-than-life milk bottle and cottage cheese slide, a calf nursery and much more. It all begins at the 11,000-square-foot welcome center barn, which houses a Shamrock Farms family history and educational dairy museum complete with interactive games, an ice cream parlor and gift shop.
Tours are $9 for adults and $6 for children ages 2 to 12; child pricing includes activities and/or craft. Special event price of $10 for Joy to the Herd. Children under 2 years old are free. Special discounts for military, seniors and groups of 10 or more.