Just in time for the Chinese New Year, P.F. Chang’s is introducing its latest seasonal menu at locations nationwide. The new Winter Seasonal Menu, available now, features fresh and savory flavors that bring warmth to guests during the coldest months. With six new dishes, two desserts and two cocktails, guests will find plenty of ways to sample new flavors and celebrate both Chinese New Year and Valentine’s Day in the months ahead.
This year, P.F. Chang’s is celebrating Chinese New Year with a variety of unique dishes featuring traditional ingredients symbolizing good luck and prosperity. The new seasonal menu also commemorates the year of the horse – a symbol that has become synonymous with P.F. Chang’s. Although traditional Chinese New Year festivities only last 15 days, guests will be able to enjoy the new menu items over Valentine’s Day and throughout the winter season.
New items on the seasonal menu include:
- Orange Ginger Beet Salad—Sliced red and gold beets mixed with fresh oranges and tossed with honey-ginger dressing, finished with crumbled goat cheese, candied walnuts and daikon sprouts. Wine Pairing: Frog’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc
- Shanghai Waldorf Salad—Fresh chopped kale, endive, radicchio, crisp apples, grapes, celery, grape tomatoes and candied walnuts tossed in a light miso-lime vinaigrette. Wine Pairing: Estancia Pinot Grigio
- Chili Shrimp Bao—Asian-inspired “sliders.” Warm, pillowy bao buns filled with Bibb lettuce, chili-marinated shrimp, pickled daikon, carrots and cucumber topped with tamarind-chili sauce. Wine Pairing: Mer Soleil “Silver” Chardonnay
- Firecracker Chicken—Savory and spicy hoisin-glazed chicken breast, wok-fired with pineapple, Chinese broccoli, Asian mushrooms, Fresno peppers and dried chilies. Wine Pairing: S.A. Prum “Essence” Riesling
- Red Wine and Pepper Braised Beef—Red wine and black pepper sauce wok-tossed with marinated flank steak, sliced potatoes, broccolini, Napa cabbage, grape tomatoes and Fresno peppers. Wine Pairing: Alamos Malbec
- Miso Glazed Salmon—Broiled and served with grilled baby bok choy and cool julienne daikon radish in a warm savory broth. Wine Pairing: Tozai “Living Jewel” Junmai Sake
For dessert, two dessert wonton options give guests an Asian-inspired dose of sweetness:
- Chocolate Raspberry Wontons—Handmade, crispy wontons with a creamy chocolate-raspberry filling, dusted with powdered sugar, served with chocolate and raspberry sauces, fresh raspberries and mint
- Sweet Vanilla Cream Wontons—Handmade, warm and crispy wontons filled with vanilla cream cheese, dusted with powdered sugar, served with vanilla and raspberry sauces and fresh mint
“Our new menu items highlight ingredients specific to Chinese New Year like chicken, oranges, apples and fish to encourage a healthy and prosperous year,” said Yuji Iwasa, Head Development Chef of P.F. Chang’s. “Winter is also the perfect time to complement dishes with the warm, bold flavors of tamarind, chili and hoisin.”
The winter menu also features two fresh new cocktails:
- Crimson Spritzer—Plymouth Gin and Luxardo Cherry Liqueur with marasca cherries, fresh lime juice and muddled kaffir lime leaves, topped with Mumm Napa Brut
- Red Goose Martini—Grey Goose Vodka shaken with POM Wonderful pomegranate juice, Thai basil leaves, fresh ginger and lime juice
“We’ve chosen the bright colors and tastes in these cocktails with winter in mind,” said Mary Melton, P.F. Chang’s Beverage Director. “The lively blends of flavors and fresh ingredients like cherry and pomegranate are a great way to shake off the cold.”
In addition to the new seasonal menu, P.F. Chang’s is encouraging individuals to ring in the new year with a toast to 2014. For a limited time, visit pfchangs.com/winter to receive an offer of $10 off a $40 purchase.