If you’ve ever wanted to experience chocolate like Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp on the cover of “Chocolat” — or the tubby kid in Willy Wonka’s factory — now’s your chance.
Frederiek and Christine Verbeke have opened a confectionery that serves up 60 different chocolate creations inspired by Frederiek’s Belgian hometown of Bruges. Chocolade van Brugge opened at 4225 N. Marshall Way in Scottsdale earlier this month. The store sells truffles, chocolate figurines, gift baskets and also has a cafe and serves coffee and rich, creamy hot chocolate for which the Verbekes have shared the recipe. See below! Cheers!
• 4 ounces pure chocolade, nippets*, or from tablet
• 1.5 ounce sugar
• 34 ounces milk
• Optional vanilla, cinnamon
Preparation pre prep: 10min › preparation: 5min › ready in :15min
1. Mix the sugar and milk together.
2. Start boiling the milk and sugar and gently add the nippets or pieces of chocolate.
3. Optional: add a little vanilla or cinnamon to add extra flavor.
4. Serve in four cups , add whipped cream to serve.