It’s that time of year, and, no, I’m not talking about the holiday season. I’m talking about the one night when millions of women endure moments of self-loathing as Victoria’s Secret models strut down the runway.
What if I told you, the secret ingredient to having an angel’s body is a jump rope? Yes, a jump rope!
You may not have picked one up since grade school, but jump rope is one of the best methods of cardio. Jumping rope burns more than 10 calories a minute while toning your legs, arms and rear-end. Not only is it a quick way to burn calories, but it’s also a great way to squeeze a cardio session into your day.
- 5 minutes: double-leg jumps
- Jump continuously at a steady pace, tucking your legs close to your chest. Keep your chest lifted and swing the rope with your wrists.
- 45 seconds: plank
- Bring elbows under shoulders and place your feet shoulder width apart. Draw your belly button up and in.
- 2 minutes: single-leg jumps
- Jump continuously on one leg for 30 seconds, then switch legs. Do this twice on each leg for 30 seconds without stopping in between.
- 2 minutes: double-leg jumps
- Jump as fast as you can while keeping your chest lifted.
- 45 seconds: opposite arm and leg extensions
On your hands and knees extend left leg up to the hip while extending the right arm up next to your ear, then extend your right leg as you raise your left arm to your ear.
Repeat the entire circuit two times through.