With just a couple months until Christmas, it’s been said that it’s never too early to begin holiday gift shopping. But for those who are guilty of either waiting until the last minute or just dislike shopping altogether, navigating through malls and even online shopping can prove stressful. So, why not have someone else do it for you?
Meet Yours Truly, Me — a recently-launched, personal gift shopper and assistant service in Scottsdale. Opened on October 1st, Yours Truly, Me’s owner Cat Kozuch always had a passion for special occasions and giving gifts.
“From baby diaper cakes and gift baskets, to themed gift boxes, my friends would ask me, ‘How do you come up with these awesome gift ideas?’,” Kozuch says. “With a smile, I would tell them, ‘It just comes naturally.’ ”
So, after years of creative gift giving, Kozuch launched Yours Truly, Me, specializing in unique gift giving tailored to her clients’ individual needs.
Do you feel there’s a large need for personal gift shoppers and assistants in the Scottsdale area?
Of course! With the fast-paced professional lifestyles of today, more and more people have limited time to dedicate to finding that special gift for that special someone. Holding down a full-time job, raising children, traveling for business and maintaining a household doesn’t seem to leave enough hours in the day to get everything done. That’s why many people are now opting for our personal gift shoppers and assistants to step in to give them a hand and fulfill gift requests for any occasion, grocery shop, run errands and more. Whether our clients contact us two weeks in advance or two hours in advance, they can always count on us.
How has business been so far?
We officially opened on October 1, 2012 and we haven’t been bored since. We have several clients already sending us Christmas lists! We receive referral after referral … fortunately word of mouth is spreading through the Scottsdale area, and we are thrilled to take on more clients this holiday season.
What makes Yours Truly, Me stand apart from the rest of the personal shoppers in the area?
When we establish a relationship with a client, we send them an exclusive questionnaire that helps us come up with the perfect gift that tailors to our client’s wants and needs. We want all our clients to feel special, so we create gifts that are not only beautiful on the inside, but the presentation on the outside is equally as elegant and creatively put together.
Our services aren’t just about personally choosing gifts for our clients; sometimes our clients already know what they want so they give us a call, email us their gift lists, and our personal gift shoppers pick up all the items on their list, elegantly wrap them and conveniently deliver them to the client’s home or office or ship the gifts if required.
Why should people consider soliciting the help of a personal gift shopper?
If you look at your Christmas list and feel overwhelmed, or maybe it’s your friend’s 40th birthday, and you don’t want to disappoint them with a lackluster gift, a personal gift shopper can take away the stress that comes with purchasing a gift. Our personal gift shoppers specialize in finding gifts for children, adults and pets. They keep up with the latest trends, and at times they can get their hands on exclusive products that a non-personal gift shopper can’t. It’s also nice to have a personal gift shopper on speed dial, especially when you forget it’s your mother’s birthday, and you need an emergency gift delivered to your home or office immediately!
Also, having a personal gift shopper for your business can benefit you significantly. No matter what is happening in the economy, business owners and executives give gifts to show appreciation to their employees, clients and customers. This is a great way for businesses to keep relationships with clients. Letting a personal gift shopper provide those special clients with gifts will help businesses maintain close relationships with others.
Give five tips to help take the stress out of gift shopping:
- Don’t overthink it! Many times we overthink gift giving. We think we need to make a huge purchase in order to make the recipient happy. Wrong! Sometimes you just need to take a moment and listen. Listen to what the recipient likes; listen to what they want, and listen to what they need. Go from there. Pick a gift idea from the information you have already gathered. Listening goes along way when it comes to gifts and can normally be used instead of something big, glamorous and expensive.
- If you’re afraid the recipient wont like the one big gift you chose for them, then diversify! Instead of wrapping one big gift, buy several little gifts and elegantly wrap them together ― you’re bound to make the recipient happy with at least one of them.
- Think outside of the box! What gift has never been purchased for them before? Think of something so unique that there’s no chance of them having ever received such a gift. For example: Register a star in the recipient’s name, take them on a surprise helicopter tour, or put them in a hot air balloon. It’ll more than likely be a first!
- Take advantage of online shopping! This will take away a lot of the stress of going through mall crowds and wasting time walking around department stores. Online shopping helps you quickly compare prices and might also give you the option of having the gift wrapped before delivery to the recipient. Shopping online can even help you cut costs. There are many coupon code websites that can help you attain free shipping, discounts, rebates and other online incentives making it easier to stick with your gifting budget.
- Stick to a budget! It doesn’t make sense to rack up a ton of credit-card debt when giving a gift. Window shop before you make a purchase. Be sure to compare prices to other stores. Take advantage of coupons, sales and special discounts ― these options can save you money in the long run, and you can use the money you saved to make another purchase.
What mistakes do people often make when shopping for gifts?
One of the major mistakes people make is waiting until the last minute to find a gift. The worst gifts and worst prices are usually a result of running to the mall minutes before handing over a gift to the recipient. There is nothing worse than frantically running around hoping you will find something the recipient will like. The feeling of stress will burden you as you try to find a decent present for your family or friends, and you will pick something that isn’t personal. Avoid this gift-shopping mistake by putting a reminder in your phone a week prior to when you actually need the gift.
Another major mistake many shoppers make is going overboard on a gift. Always remember, it’s the thought that counts ― NOT the price tag. Most people would prefer a well-thought-out gift that perfectly matches their unique personality and interests to something you bought simply for how big the price tag was.
What do you love about helping people find gifts for the holiday season?
My favorite part about helping people find gifts is the look in their eyes when I find exactly what they hoped for, but they never imagined. When the gift exceeds their expectations, and I hear the excitement in their voice and see joy in their eyes, it melts my heart and makes me very proud. The feeling of appreciation is priceless!
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Yours Truly, Me provides services not all gift shoppers provide. We uniquely wrap gifts and adorn them with bows, jewels, buttons, flowers ― whatever theme you are going for, we will have something special to embellish your gift box with. We also have a concierge service that conveniently picks up and delivers gifts straight to your home or office. Check out our additional unique services on our website yourstrulyme.com.