Chandler Chamber of Commerce and Alliance Bank of Arizona, in partnership with The Arizona Republic, announce the 5th Annual Arizona Education IMPACT Forum 2015 to be held October 19th from 8 to 11a.m. at the Chandler Center for Performing Arts. The public is encouraged to attend.
Participants include thought leaders from Intel Corporation, Avnet, Inc., Banner Health, Maricopa and Chandler-Gilbert Community Colleges, ASU, The Arizona Republic, Arizona Commerce Authority, Expect More Arizona, Chandler Unified School District, Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Helios Education Foundation, AZ Community Foundation, College Success Arizona and the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
“The key to a strong community begins within the education system that is responsible for teaching our youth,” said Terri Kimble, Chandler Chamber of Commerce President/CEO. “Our education system has a real effect on attracting and maintaining top employers in both Chandler and throughout the state. Parents and employers need to feel confident that our children are skilled and our workforce sustainable at a global level.”
The conference features three keynote speakers: * Jaime Casap, Google’s Chief Education Evangelist, change agent and Valley resident who between visits to the White House has been involved with area schools, institutions and businesses to effect change. His message revolves around his core belief that education has the power to disrupt poverty and change the destiny of any family in just one generation. * Jerry Colangelo, Sports Mogul and Business Icon, best known as the successful team owner of the Phoenix Suns and the 2001 World Champion Arizona Diamondbacks. Leading the reinvention of Downtown Phoenix, Colangelo is one of the city’s most active community leaders. His accomplishments transcend the world of sports and inspire future generations of leaders. He is an advisor to both the business and the sports program at Grand Canyon University, whose business school carries his name. * Alan Gregory Gomez, Ph.D., author and former NASA Astronaut Selection Candidate, who currently serves as Chief Academic Officer for STEM Academy developing internationally recognized K-12 curriculum and professional development programs.
Jim Lundy, CEO of Alliance Bank of Arizona stated, “Arizona is locked in a global race for talent and opportunity – a race that cannot be won without a highly educated, skilled workforce.” Lundy added, “This conference is the realization of the bank’s commitment to education and the great educators, institutions and nonprofits that support them.”
Additional presenters include:
* Kevin Hartke— Vice Mayor, City of Chandler
* Ed Oxford—SVP/Chief Talent Officer, Banner Health
* Carlos Contreras—Regional Public Affairs Director, Intel Corporation
* Nicole Enright—VP, Human Resources, Corporate Service Group, Avnet, Inc.
* Dr. Rufus Glasper— CPA, CGFM, Chancellor Maricopa County Community College
* Dr. Sethuraman “Panch” Panchanathan—SVP, Arizona STATE Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development
* Randy Lovely—Senior Vice President/News and Audience Development at Republic Media
* Pearl Chang Esau—President and CEO, Expect More Arizona
* Dr. Camille Casteel—Superintendent of Chandler Unified School District
* Paul Luna —President and CEO, Helios Education Foundation
* Vince Yanez —Executive Director, AZ Community Foundation
* Rich Nickel—President and CEO, College Success Arizona
* Nereyda Lopez—Arizona Department of Economic Security, Assistant Director, Community Outreach
The conference is open to the public. Early registration is $20; registration at the door is $30. Networking breakfast and registration begins at 7:00 a.m. For more information and to register please visit Chandlerchamber.com.