The busy summer travel season continues, and July 4 will see about a 15 percent increase in passenger traffic at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. The busiest travel days will be Wednesday and Thursday before the holiday and Sunday, July 5.
America’s Friendliest Airport® is offering the following travel tips:
Convenient Parking at a Discount – Avoid the summer heat by booking and prepaying for your parking in advance through Prepaid Discount Parking. Visit skyharbor.com/prepaidparking to access our easy, online reservation system where you can select discounted parking in the Terminal 2, Terminal 3 or Terminal 4 garages. Then, take a ticket when entering the garage and present that ticket and the prepaid parking confirmation (printed or on a smartphone) to the cashier upon exit.
Remove Prohibited Items from Your Bags – Look through your purse or carry-on bag before you come to the Airport. A forgotten weapon can cause you delays, hassles, and even fines. Make your travel experience hassle-free: double check your bag BEFORE you come to the airport. Visit tsa.gov for information about what can be placed in your carry-on. And, remember, fireworks are prohibited.
Early Bag Check Lightens the Load – This handy service allows travelers flying American/US Airways, Southwest or United to check their bags before arriving and the terminals. Avoid the ticket counter lines and use Early Bag Check at East Economy Parking, the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station or at the Rental Car Center. The service is free, though airline bag fees apply. For hours of operation and more information, visit skyharbor.com/earlybagcheck
Construction at Terminal 3 – As a reminder, Spirit and Sun Country Airlines relocated earlier this spring to Terminal 2 due to the Terminal 3 modernization project. Additionally, the south inner lanes of Terminal 3 are closed. This impacts drivers entering Sky Harbor from the East. Drivers can still use the south outer lanes for pick-up and drop-off, but should watch for detour signs, proceed with caution, and give themselves extra time.
Additional important travel tips:
- •Give yourself extra time. Arrive at the Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking in economy areas or checking bags.
- Looking for a handy pick-up and drop-off spot? Utilize the 44th Street and Washington PHX Sky Train® station. This convenient option allows you to avoid the busy terminal curbs. Wait for your party free of charge at the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or use a four-hour parking meter to ride the train in to meet your party. It’s only a five minute ride to Terminal 4 and a seven minute ride to Terminal 3. To access the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station from the 202 Red Mountain Freeway, exit at 44th Street and head south. The PHX Sky Train Station is on the southwest corner of 44th Street and Washington.
- Visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot for updated information on parking availability or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
- If you are traveling with children, we have a variety of amenities including Family Friendly Parking and Kid’s Menus in many restaurants. Visit skyharbor.com for details.
- And, if you have extra time, pick up a gift for yourself at one of our unique shops or check out an art exhibition as part of our Airport Museum Program. “Creature Feature” is a new exhibition in the Terminal 4 Gallery.