Is there any better fun than free fun?
During the entire month of October, more than 110 San Diego hotels, restaurants, attractions, museums and transportation companies offer families with children special deals, so they can enjoy San Diego without emptying their wallets. “Kids Free San Diego” provides families an opportunity to save during budget-conscious times with a variety of “kids free” incentives, ranging from complimentary attraction admission, meals and Amtrak rides to welcome amenities at area hotels and much more.
In October after the summer beach crowds diminish, visitors to San Diego can relish in the region’s sunny weather and warm temperatures and enjoy a number of fun-filled fall activities for the whole family. Home to the world-famous San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California Resort and Belmont Park, San Diego is offering substantial savings this October with free kids’ admission to local attractions.
Here are a few highlights of Kids Free San Diego month.
• Amtrak is offering one child, ages 2-12, a free ride with one paid adult rail fare aboard the Pacific Surfliner route, servicing San Luis Obispo to San Diego. Stops en route include the Santa Ynez Valley, Carpinteria, Ventura, Oxnard, Van Nuys, Burbank, Glendale, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente and more.
• All kids, ages 10 and younger, are admitted free into the San Diego Zoo, home to 3,700 rare and endangered birds, mammals and reptiles, and the 1,800-acre San Diego Zoo Safari Park, which is now home to the Tull Family Tiger Tail, featuring a new forested habitat for the Safari Park’s Sumatran tigers with up-close views of the critically endangered species.
• SeaWorld San Diego wants families to join in the celebration of their 50th anniversary by offering one child, ages 3 to 9, free admission with one full-paid adult admission. The same offer is valid at Dine with Shamu, and kids, ages 10 to 13, can participate for free in SeaWorld’s Dolphin Encounter and Dolphin and Beluga Interaction Programs with one paid adult participation.
• Legoland California Resort, featuring 128 acres of LEGO-themed fun and more than 50 interactive attractions, and SEA LIFE™ Carlsbad Aquarium, with 36,000 sq. ft. of play zones and marine exhibits including the new Jellyfish Discovery, are offering a free one-day Child Hopper Ticket for one kid, ages 12 and under, with purchase of a full-price one-day Adult Hopper Ticket.
• Kids can eat free at a number of family-friendly properties, including the luxurious Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego along San Diego Bay, The Westin San Diego in the historic Gaslamp Quarter and the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina located near SeaWorld San Diego.
A complete listing of “Kids Free San Diego” Month participants and their special offers are available at SanDiego.org/KidsFree. All offers are valid Oct. 1–31.