Wells Fargo announced the opening of its newest Arizona Community Banking store, at 20 E. University St. in Tempe, on June 3. The 2,249-square-foot location – the 261st Wells Fargo banking store in the state – is designed and built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver standards set by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Wells Fargo has five LEED certified stores in Arizona.
“Wells Fargo understands the importance of promoting environmental stewardship in the communities we serve,” said Misha Patel Terrazas, Metro East area president for Wells Fargo in Arizona. “In addition to our commitment to have 35 percent of our leased and owned buildings LEED certified by 2020, we also have introduced new envelope-free ATMs throughout Arizona and continue to provide support through grants and volunteerism by our team members to local nonprofit organizations that share our environmental commitment.”
Environmental features in the new store include:
· Water saving plumbing fixtures and control devices help us cut water usage by up to 40% compared with conventional buildings of the same type
· Energy efficient light fixtures and HVAC system help to reduce energy use by up to 21% compared with conventional buildings of the same type
· Light harvesting system helps cut energy use by automatically adjusting indoor lighting for maximum use of available daylight
· Bike racks help reduce pollution impacts from automobile usage
· Increased use of recycled content, like porcelain tiles that contain 40% recycled content and insulation made from recycled cotton – including scraps of denim
· Fully recyclable materials such as counter surfaces comprised of recycled bottles and cement, carpet, and window shades divert these materials from the landfill at their end of life
· Sustainably grown, harvested and manufactured wood materials
· Low toxic paints and other materials and strict air quality management practices during construction contribute to a healthier environment
· Waste diversion during construction keeps much of our construction waste from ever seeing the landfill
*Compared to conventional buildings of the same type.
“Our vision as a company is to help our customers succeed financially, and this new store will make it even easier for our customers to connect with the full financial services that Wells Fargo has to offer,” said Store Manager Chris McCarthy. “We’re excited to be serving our customers in this new energy efficient store.”
McCarthy joined Wells Fargo as a teller in 2001 and also has held positions as a personal banker and training consultant. His store team will consist of 11 Retail Banking team members, including Service Manager Samantha Brock, four personal bankers and five tellers. Representatives from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and Wells Fargo Investments also will serve customers at the store.
The new store includes two ATMs with 24-hour access, a merchant night drop and an online terminal where customers can access their Wells Fargo accounts online. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday.