The Sonoran Arts League, a dynamic group of over 470 artists and volunteers, celebrates four decades as the premier art organization supporting the arts, artists, and art education.
The 40th Anniversary Celebration will be held on March 21, 2015 in downtown Carefree within the Sanderson Lincoln Pavilion area. The fundraiser begins at 6:30 p.m. with 400 attendees expected at the event.
Event highlights include:
- Silent Auction Fundraiser – with unique original artwork from Sonoran Arts League artists.
- Musical entertainment by The Sahnas Brothers.
- Outstanding food from local restaurants.
- Three Arizona wineries will be on site including Arizona Stronghold Winery and Vineyard. These wineries are generously donating 50% of all sales back to the Sonoran Arts League.
- Sonoran Arts League Float (featured in the Fiesta Days Parade in Cave Creek) will be on-site for guests to view.
- Hosting a ‘Name the Lizard’ mascot contest. The League’s mascot is a “Sonoran Whiptail Lizard” and has remained nameless for the past 40 years. This year, the lizard will get a name. The ‘Name the Lizard’ contest starts March 1 and runs through June 30, 2015. Details on how to register will be online.
- The League has partnered with the Town of Carefree for its annual presentation of the Spirit of Carefree Award. The award, presented by the Town of Carefree, highlights a Carefree citizen who has demonstrated an exceptional spirit of community service and volunteerism. The handcrafted art glass sculpture award, created by Sonoran Arts League member and artist Peggy Pettigrew Stewart, will be on display in the Carefree Town Hall lobby up until the event.
General admission tickets are $20 and go on sale starting February 16 on the League website at sonoranartsleague.org or by calling 480-575-6624.