National law firm Polsinelli congratulates 17 attorneys from its Phoenix office who have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 Southwest Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. This year’s honorees include Phoenix Managing Partner Edward F. Novak and shareholder Andrew B. Turk, who was selected for his first time. Novak was selected again in the Arizona Top 50 of all Arizona Super Lawyers.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Each year, the designation of Rising Star is more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in Arizona and New Mexico who are 40 years of age or younger, and in practice for 10 years or less. The list of Southwest Super Lawyers includes several shareholders reaching across multiple practice areas:
• Troy B. Froderman – Insurance Coverage
• Marty Harper – Business Litigation
• John J. Hebert – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Thomas K. Irvine – Real Estate
• Lucas J. Narducci – Energy & Natural Resources
• Edward F. Novak – Criminal Defense: White Collar
• Leon B. Silver – Business Litigation
• Andrew B. Turk – Business Litigation
The following attorneys were selected for inclusion as Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars:
• Ryan A. Berry – Mergers & Acquisition
• Jonathan G. Brinson – Insurance Coverage
• Brian M. Flaherty – Construction Litigation
• Melissa S. Ho – Criminal Defense: White Collar
• Nathan Kunz – Business Litigation
• Wesley D. Ray – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
New additions to Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars for 2013:
• Andrew S. Jacob – Business Litigation
• Rebecca N. Lumley – Business Litigation
• Jamie D. Cole – Mergers & Acquisition
You don’t normally see attorneys, some of whom are headed to court, sporting moustaches inside the walls of a national law firm. But 21 Polsinelli Shughart attorneys and staff put down their razors during November as part of the national “Movember” campaign to raise awareness of men’s health issues. Calling themselves “The Gentlemen of Polsinelli,” the Phoenix office is in its third year of taking part in the important awareness campaign.
“It’s commonly known that most men don’t like to go to the doctor or take care of their health issues,” said Phoenix litigation attorney Brian M. Flaherty, who is a cancer survivor. “But being proactive about your health is key to good health. We’ve had a lot of fun growing our mustaches and talking about our stories. We hope we get other men talking too.”
What happened in Phoenix caught the attention of their Polsinelli Shughart colleagues in Chicago who participated in Movember for the first time. The Windy City office held an indoor mini-golf invitation to raise funds for Movember, and across the firm, the two cities combined raised more than $5,000.
“This is our third year in Phoenix. We’re glad our colleagues in Chicago jumped on board and we hope this catches on in our cities such as Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, New York, St. Louis and Washington, D.C.”
In 2010, the Phoenix office relocated to the new 27-story CityScape high-rise downtown. The move is a result of the explosive growth of the Phoenix office which increased to more than 60 attorneys.