Espinoza has been selling residential real estate since 1997 and currently works with HomeSmart Elite Group. In 2012, she started a women’s group called Platform Scottsdale. This group welcomes everyone from the stay-at-home mom to the business owner and serves to connect, promote and inspire local women.
Surprising fact: “My family and I were on ‘Family Feud’ in 2010.”
Biggest challenge: “Going through a divorce. Coming from a family where my parents have been married over 40 years, I was not prepared for this overwhelming life change … To surround myself with supportive, wonderful women, I founded Platform Scottsdale … I discovered that I can accomplish much more with the support of these women, and create lifelong friendships that I will forever cherish.”
Welcome to the first of our monthly series with Platform Scottsdale, a non-profit organization that creates a platform for like-minded women to meet, mentor and build networking relationships with one another. This month’s fun feature is by founding member and residential realtor Christine Espinoza.
I was recently at dinner with a group of males and females in the 30-40 age group. An interesting conversation took place that I simply observed, then thought about later. A woman was expressing what a pain it was to be a female. She made examples of all the “work” women must do to make themselves presentable in our society, such as get our nails done, our hair done, shave/wax our bodies, work out, find different outfits for different occasions, have babies…and the list went on and on.
As I was listening, I was thinking to myself…I love doing all those things and I love being a woman! Of course, there are times when anything in our lives can become monotonous, but I believe it’s our attitude toward these events in life that make all the difference. With that in mind, I’ve put together a list of reasons why I believe it’s great to be a woman:
1. Free drinks.
2. Free dinners.
3. Free movies (you get the point).
4. You know The Truth about whether size matters.
5. Speeding ticket? What’s that? 6. New lipstick gives you a whole new lease on life.
7. If you’re not making enough money you can blame the glass ceiling.
8. Nothing crucial can be cut off with one clean sweep.
9. No fashion faux pas you make could rival The Speedo.
10. Brad Pitt.
11. No one passes out when you take off your shoes.
12. If you think the person you’re dating really likes you, you don’t have to break up with them.
13. Excitement is only as far away as the nearest beauty-supply store.
14. If you forget to shave, no one has to know.
15. If you have a zit, you can conceal it.
16. You never have to reach down every so often to make sure your privates are still there.
17. Shoes – enough said.
18. You have an excuse to be in the worst mood ever at least once a month.
19. You can talk to people of the opposite sex without having to picture the…um…without clothes.
20. If you marry someone 20 years younger, you’re fully aware that you look like an idiot.
21. You’ll never have to punch a hole through anything with your fist.
22. You can quickly end any fight by crying.
23. Your friends won’t think you’re weird if you ask whether there’s spinach in your teeth.
24. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
25. You’ll never regret piercing your ears.
26. You can fully assess a person just by looking at their shoes.
27. You’ll never discover you’ve been duped by a Wonderbra.
28. You know which glass was yours by the lipstick mark.