The Arizona Diamondbacks reached 500,000 likes on Facebook today and responded with two significant announcements for fans and the Valley community.
For 500 cents ($5), Facebook fans can purchase an Infield Reserve ticket for any of the games during the three-game series this week against the Colorado Rockies (April 28-30) or the start of the next homestand against the Washington Nationals (May 12-14). To obtain the promo code, fans must visit the team’s Facebook page.
Additionally, the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation has pledged 500,000 cans of food to the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in Phoenix. The non-profit organization will receive $100,000 to support its mission of ensuring that families have enough food to eat in an environment that is welcoming and empowering.
“We are extremely proud to reach this milestone, as it provides us with an opportunity to give back to our fans and our community,” said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall.
In the month of March, the D-backs’ Facebook page saw a 10-percent increase in likes, the largest single-month growth in three years. Since the beginning of the year, the team’s Facebook page has grown 35.7 percent, the fourth-highest mark in Major League Baseball.
The team ranks in the top quintile among the 30 Major League teams in engagement/fan on all three major social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, while the club’s official website, dbacks.com, continues to be the main hub for all of the D-backs’ digital offerings.
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced today the 2014 promotional schedule, which includes six bobbleheads and more than a dozen additional promotional items and special theme nights throughout the season. The D-backs will also launch mini-plan sales at SUBWAY® D-backs FanFest today and includes options for a 10-Game Mini-Plan and Prime Seat 6-Pack.
The D-backs will give away six bobbleheads in 2014 featuring Patrick Corbin (April 26), Gerardo Parra (May 17), Martin Prado (June 7), Bob Brenly (Aug. 30) and Paul Goldschmidt (Sept. 13). More new and exciting giveaway items include D-backs slippers (May 18), D-backs Camouflage Jersey (May 26), D-backs Cereal Bowl (June 22), D-backs Duffel Bag (June 21), All-Star T-shirt (July 19), D-backs Zombie (Aug. 2) and a Gerardo Parra Los D-backs T-shirt (Sept. 27).
Fans can expect several new specialized theme nights throughout the season, including Zombie Night (April 25), Elvis Night (May 16), Beach Night (June 6), Classic TV Night (Aug. 29) and Oktoberfest (Sept. 26). The D-backs will also host several returning fan favorites, including: APS Green Series (April 11-13), Outdoor Recreation Night (April 26), Military Appreciation Day (May 26), Baxter’s Birthday (June 1), Native American Recognition Day (June 21), Bark in the Park (June 22 & Sept. 14), Star Wars Day (July 20), Faith & Family Night (Aug. 22), Alumni Night (Aug. 30), Hispanic Heritage Night (Sept. 27) and Fan Appreciation Day (Sept. 28).
Also on the promotional schedule are two $5 College Nights, eight Matinee games and Senior Days and four Street Festivals. The club will host post-game fireworks shows, presented by Gila River Casinos, following 10 Friday night home games.
The D-backs 2014 promotional dates are available at dbacks.com/giveaways, with highlights below:
* 2014 Magnet Schedule, courtesy of Pepsi (50,000 fans on March 31 vs. Giants)
* Opening Day Street Festival (March 31 vs. Giants)
* APS Green Series (April 11-13 vs. Dodgers)
* D-backs Street Festival (April 12 vs. Dodgers)
* Recycled Shopping Bag, courtesy of MLB Network (25,000 fans on April 12 vs. Dodgers)
* Jackie Robinson Day (April 15 vs. Mets)
* Zombie Night (April 25 vs. Phillies)
* Patrick Corbin Bobblehead, courtesy of Arizona Sports 98.7FM (20,000 fans on April 26)
* D-backs Outdoor Recreation Night & Street Festival (April 26 vs. Phillies)
* D-backs Mystery Ball (April 26 vs. Phillies)
* Elvis Night (May 16 vs. Dodgers)
* Baxter Fans, courtesy of CenturyLink (5,000 fans on May 16 vs. Dodgers)
* Gerardo Parra Bobblehead (20,000 fans May 17 vs. Dodgers)
* D-backs Slippers (10,000 moms on May 18 vs. Dodgers)
* D-backs Camouflage Jersey, courtesy of Budweiser (15,000 fans on May 26 vs. Padres)
* Military Appreciation Day (May 26 vs. Padres)
* Baxter-Ears Baseball Cap (5,000 kids on June 1 vs. Reds)
* Baxter’s Birthday (June 1 vs. Reds)
* Beach Night (June 6 vs. Braves)
* Martin Prado Bobblehead (20,000 fans on June 7 vs. Braves)
* D-backs Mystery Ball (June 7 vs. Braves)
* D-backs Duffle Bag, courtesy of Gila River Casinos (20,000 fans on June 21 vs. Giants)
* Native American Recognition Day, presented by Gila River Casinos (June 21 vs. Giants)
* D-backs Cereal Bowl, courtesy of Arizona Milk Producers (5,000 kids on June 22 vs. Giants)
* Bark in the Park (June 22 vs. Giants)
* D-backs All-Star T-shirt, courtesy of Arizona Sports 98.7FM (20,000 fans on July 19 vs. Cubs)
* Star Wars Day (July 20 vs. Cubs)
* D-backs Back-To-School Backpack, courtesy of Cox Communications (5,000 kids on July 20 vs. Cubs)
* D-backs Zombie (20,000 fans on Aug. 2 vs. Pirates)
* Faith & Family Night (Aug. 22 vs. Padres)
* Classic TV Night (Aug. 29 vs. Rockies)
* Bob Brenly Bobblehead, courtesy of Sanderson Ford (20,000 fans on Aug. 30 vs. Rockies)
* Alumni Night, presented by Sanderson Ford (Aug. 30 vs. Rockies)
* D-backs Mystery Ball (Aug. 30 vs. Rockies)
* Paul Goldschmidt Bobblehead, courtesy of Chevrolet (25,000 fans on Sept. 13 vs. Padres)
* Bark in the Park (Sept. 14 vs. Padres)
* Roberto Clemente Day (Sept. 17 vs. Giants)
* Oktoberfest (Sept. 26 vs. Cardinals)
* Gerardo Parra Los D-backs T-shirt, courtesy of Gila River Casinos (20,000 fans on Sept. 27 vs. Cardinals)
* Hispanic Heritage Day, presented by Budweiser (Sept. 27 vs. Cardinals)
* D-backs Hispanic Heritage Street Festival, presented by APS (Sept. 27 vs. Cardinals)
* Fan Appreciation Day (Sept. 28 vs. Cardinals)
The D-backs 10-Game Mini-Plan allows fans to choose any 10 games throughout the season. The Prime Seat 6-Pack allows fans to experience three games right behind the dugout and three games from right behind home plate. Both mini-plans will go on sale first at SUBWAY® D-backs FanFest today. Individual tickets will go on sale March 3. For more information on ticket packages, visit www.dbacks.com/tickets or call 602.514.8400.
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced today that they will receive the 2012 Arizona Business Leadership Award. The honor salutes the D-backs’ management and leadership culture and will be presented during a special celebration on May 10 at Chase Field. D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall will accept the award on behalf of the organization.
“We are humbled to be recognized for the culture that has been created here and the leadership team we have in place,” said Hall. “This award belongs to everyone in the D-backs’ organization for their efforts and their passion for making this the best place in the Valley to come to work.”
This is the 16th-annual ABL award. Past winners include the Mayo Clinic, Jobing.com, Harkins Theatres, Go Daddy and Arizona Public Service Co.
“This award spotlights great leadership in our state, and when you think of leaders and a winning culture, you think of the Arizona Diamondbacks,” said Jeff Reichard, Vice President Awards of Arizona Business Leadership.
At the May 10 celebration, Hall will discuss the shared vision with Managing General Partner Ken Kendrick that helped mold a new corporate culture and empower staff, players and fans alike.
A mission and values statement for all employees includes the ‘Circle of Success’ program, which focuses on the organization’s efforts in five key areas. The D-backs created a workplace filled with results, common sense, passion and fun. A ‘One fan at a time’ concept, where management answers every letter, email or phone call from fans, and the ‘Find A Way To Say Yes’ customer service policy are just some of the ways the team connects with its fan base.
The awards ceremony is at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 10, 2012, in the Audi quattro Lounge at Chase Field. Only 300 tickets are available at $65 for ABL members and $75 for non-members. Registration ends after May 4, and the first 250 who register will receive a limited edition souvenir to mark the occasion.
ABL also will present the award to the D-backs during the team’s May 21 game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. The D-backs have donated a game suite to ABL, which will sell suite tickets for $100 with all proceeds going to the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation.
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced that their Fan Cost Index of $145.94 is again the lowest in Major League Baseball for the sixth consecutive season by finishing more than $60 below the industry average of $207.34. The Fan Cost Index is a representative look at the costs for a family of four to attend a MLB game. It is computed annually by Team Marketing Report since 1991 and is comprised of four average tickets, two beers, four soft drinks, four hot dogs, parking for one car, two programs and two adult-sized hats.
“The D-backs’ top priority every season, in addition to winning, is to keep games affordable for our fans,” said D-backs’ President and CEO Derrick Hall. “We strive to be the best in everything we do and for the sixth year in a row, we are proud to provide the best value for families in all of Major League Baseball. Our focus is always centered on our fans and we are proud to continually offer the lowest average ticket price among all sports teams in Phoenix.”
The Arizona Diamondbacks average ticket price of $15.74 for the 2012 season ranked second among all Major League clubs, finishing seven cents behind the San Diego Padres atop the list with a $15.67 average. The D-backs, who did not increase average ticket prices this season, are more than $11 below the MLB average ticket price of $26.92 in 2012.
Nearly 75 percent of the 48,635 seats at Chase Field are priced at $25 and under when purchasing season tickets, and 55 percent are priced at $16 and below. The D-backs Pepsi Max Value Pack allows fans to purchase a bleacher or an Infield Reserve ticket, regular-size hot dog and 24-ounce Pepsi while also receiving a coupon for a free 20-ounce Pepsi Max for just $19 to any regular-season game at Chase Field.
All-You-Can-Eat Seats are available starting at $29 and include unlimited access to ballpark traditions such as hot dogs, chips, popcorn, peanuts, water and Pepsi soft drinks in a special section on the Insight Diamond Level. The D-backs also offer Value Item pricing on 12 food items ranging from $1.50-$4 at various concession locations and seven merchandise items priced below $10 are available at Team Shop locations throughout Chase Field. The team’s magazine, D-backs Insider, is also distributed free to all fans in the ballpark during each homestand.
In addition, the D-backs continue to offer the best price for beer in baseball at $4, which is more than $2 below the MLB average beer price at $6.15.