Calling all Wildcats, Broncos, Huskies and Cowboys! Bluewater Grill Phoenix is making it easy for students, alumni and fans of the teams playing in the Fiesta and Cactus Bowls to enjoy Arizona’s freshest sustainable seafood before, during or after the big games.
Now through Jan. 5, 2015, Bluewater Grill in the Camelback Corridor of central Phoenix will offer a free cup of its award-winning clam chowder or choice of an appetizer to fans in town for the 44th Annual VIZIO Fiesta Bowl on Dec. 31, 2014, and 26th Annual TicketCity Cactus Bowl on Jan. 2, 2015, with the purchase of an entrée at the regular price. (One free cup of chowder per purchased entrée, or one free appetizer per party.)
To take advantage of this special offer, participants must present an official logo or team name of one of the four schools, or identify themselves as a fan, to their Bluewater Grill Phoenix server before ordering on or before Jan. 5, 2015. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion or discount. One free cup of chowder per purchased entrée, or one free appetizer per party. Some selections on the menu may not be available.
Bluewater Grill will also extend its popular weekday happy hours, featuring $4, $5 and $6 drink and appetizer specials, during all bowl games throughout the Bluewater region of San Diego, Southern California and Phoenix:
- San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl: Dec. 23, 2014, from 6:30 p.m. to close
- National University Holiday Bowl: Dec. 27, 2014, from 5 p.m. to close.
- 44th Annual VIZIO Fiesta Bowl: Dec. 31, 2014, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- 101st Annual Rose Bowl Game Presented by Northwestern Mutual: Jan. 1, 2015, from 1:30pm to 5:30 p.m.
- 26th Annual TicketCity Cactus Bowl: Jan. 2, 2015, from 8pm to close
Specializing in the absolute freshest sustainable seafood, Bluewater Grill, Bluewater Boathouse and Bluewater Avalon have emerged as a leading family of seafood restaurants since the first location opened in Newport Beach in 1996. Lunch and dinner menus feature more than 40 varieties of fresh seafood and shellfish served annually. Other highlights include outdoor patios, shellfish bars, kid’s menus, full bars and wine lists, weekday happy hours and monthly tasting events.
Guests visiting before Jan. 5, 2015, can enjoy a special Western version of “Holiday Baked Stuffed Maine Lobster,” the classic New England holiday family. The limited-time Bluewater Grill offering includes a whole Maine lobster stuffed with a special shrimp and buttery panko-crumb stuffing and served with choice of two sides, unlimited fresh sourdough bread and a Bluewater Grill bib for a market price up to $34.95. At least 15 minutes prep time is required.
Bluewater Grill is located at 1720 E. Camelback Rd., in the Camelback Corridor of central Phoenix. The phone number is (602) 277-FISH (3474).
Summer means hot deals in Phoenix and following July 24’s record setting heat of 116 degrees, Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort is offering special discounts and deals when guests mention the code “116.”
The AAA Four Diamond mountainside resort will keep golfers on its Lookout Mountain Golf Course cool and hydrated with two complimentary non-alcoholic beverages when mentioning code “116” to the beverage cart attendant. Resorts guests and locals can also enjoy an 11.6 percent discount at the mountaintop Terrace Room lounge when mentioning code “116.” Situated high above the Valley with stunning views of the city, the Terrace Room lounge offers the perfect setting to enjoy panoramic views of the city and desert mountains from the cool comforts of the indoors during the summer months.
The all-suite resort is also continuing to offer deeply discounted room rates from $89 per night now through Sept. 7. Rates include access to special summer programming to keep guests cool, including weekend dive-in movies, animal encounters with Wildlife World Zoo, and poolside games and crafts. Guests can also splash into their choice of eight resort pools each delivering a unique experience, including the expansive Falls Water Village featuring two large pools lined with 23 private cabanas, a water slide, poolside café and sport court.
Discounts when mentioning code “116” are available now through August 24, 2014. For tee time reservations at Lookout Mountain Golf Club, visit http://www.tapatiocliffshilton.com/resort-golf or call 602-866-6356. The Terrace Room lounge is open Tuesday-Saturday from 5 p.m. to close, for more information visit http://www.tapatiocliffshilton.com/terrace-room-restaurant or call 602-866-6350.
Resort room rates from $89 are available for stays now through Sept. 7, 2014. For reservations, request rate code “SUNTC” when booking online at www.tapatiocliffshilton.com.
This Sunday, May 11, is Mother’s Day. Every mom deserves some extra special treatment for the things she does all year long. Businesses all over the valley are treating moms this weekend with beauty, health, food, drinks and entertainment. Treat your mom to a great weekend at one of these local spots!
Health and Beauty
- Citrine Natural Beauty Bar – Pamper your mom all weekend long! Saturday, May 10, offers mini facials with a Tata Harper representative, which is a natural and nontoxic luxury skincare line. Guests also will receive a free gift with their facial. Sunday, May 11, brings beautiful makeovers for $50. Not only do guests receive makeovers, but also will receive a Per-fekt Mascara and a Jane Iredale lip gloss of their choice. Guests and moms will be served complimentary mimosas, juice and mini breakfast treats.
- Rejuvena Health & Aesthetics – Does mom need some pampering? Rejuvena is extending Mother’s Day through the entire month of May with $50 Perlane Botox. Or treat mom to a pampering session with an anti-aging facial of lime and hibiscus products from Eminence or a hand or foot massage. Mom also can take home Eminence products for only $85.
- Arizona Biltmore Spa – Treat mom the entire month of May with 20 percent off any spa treatment at Arizona Biltmore Spa. Promotions include: a jasmine hydration body scrub and wrap, which is a massage with custom body cream to promote warmth and inspiration; a Swedish relaxing massage, which is a full-body massage to relax and ease muscle tension; a focused massage, which focuses on specific muscle groups or areas of concern; a radiant glow facial, which uses cleansing techniques to hydrate the skin; and a NuFace, or a micro-current technology used to stimulate, life and tone facial muscles.
Food and Drinks
- The Ritz-Carlton Phoenix – Mothers will love the traditional Mother’s Day Teat at The Ritz-Carlton in Phoenix. There will be a traditional tea service featuring signature tea blends and tea-infused finger sandwiches. Guests also can enjoy the sounds of Nicole Pesce on piano.
- Salut Kitchen Bar – Treat your mom to $1 mimosas all day long and the rest of your party to half-price bottles of wine at Salut Kitchen Bar. The restaurant offers over 100 types of wine, perfect for a celebration. Drinks fit perfectly with the Mediterranean and American inspired cuisine.
- Paul Martin’s American Grill – Moms can enjoy a three-course meal of an organic green salad, all natural prime rib and mashed potatoes and house-made ice cream. All dishes are made from scratch with high quality ingredients. Artisanal cocktails made with in-house spirits, craft beers and over 100 types of wine are also served.
- The Melting Pot – Try the four-course experience at The Melting Pot, exclusively for Mother’s Day. The four courses include a creamy cheese fondue, fresh salad, an entrée of steak, chicken or seafood, and a chocolate fondue dessert. Reserve a spot starting at 11 am in order to try this Mother’s Day deal for $32.95!
- Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill – Z’Tejas wants moms to remember their experience with a complimentary photograph and picture frame of their special day. The myriad of food choices of the South and Southwest will go great with mom’s free dessert!
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – Does your mom love cupcakes? If yes, try Sprinkles Cupcakes MOM box that features favorites such as lemon, dark chocolate, red velvet and vanilla cupcakes. All cupcakes will be adorned with MOM and red daisy decorations and sealed with a “MOM Loves Cupcakes” sticker.
- The Boulders – Moms can golf for free with another paying adult at The Boulders on Mother’s Day.
- The Shout House – Normally, a 21+ venue, The Shout House will host a family night from 5 to 9 pm on Sunday, May 11. There is no cover and guests will be able to enjoy the dueling pianos, roasts and comedy (all PG of course), and moms will receive a complimentary mimosa.
It’s natural to want to get our holiday shopping done early. Black Friday, traditionally the day after Thanksgiving, begins America’s holiday season shopping frenzy. It is safe to say Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the years.
That being said, Black Friday is also the craziest shopping day of the year. Women are fighting over the last bag their daughter needs, the aisles are crowded, and you’ll see a whole new meaning to “busy parking lot.” We all understand why people do it, but how do they do it?
Early bird advantage. So, you’re finally at the mall and have been waiting for this day since Halloween. Make sure you do it right. Get there early so you don’t have to brave the parking lot right before the doors fly open. Leave your jacket in the car; If you are at a mall you wont need it. The Black Friday deals may cause a bit of sleep deprivation and leg soreness, but you’ll spend the rest of Christmas free of shopping — like a champion.
Keep calm. Keep calm and Black Friday on. Remember, the sales will continue throughout the holiday season. Black Friday can get very stressful, but it really does not need to be. Start with some research. Find exactly what you want and know where to get it at the best prices. Quite a few retailers will tease deals before Friday. Keep in mind that higher-end shops probably won’t have the best deals but may have the best atmosphere.
Dress for the occasion. Before you leave your house at the crack of dawn, make sure you are dressed appropriately. Comfy shoes are a must as you fly down the aisles of your favorite department store.
Make a plan. Double-check your purse to make sure you have your coupons or a list of items you need to get and which store has the deal you want. There is nothing more depressing than thinking you are getting 40 percent off and realizing you left your discounts on your counter.
Stay hydrated, fed. Don’t let dehydration slow you down. People forget that shopping really is a form a cardio. Therefore, it is in your best interest to eat before you go. If possible, eat with the people you are shopping with to ensure that your stomachs are on the same schedule. There is always someone in my family who needs to leave the mall an hour after we get there because they decided to skip lunch. There has never been a better time to put those Thanksgiving leftovers to use.
Get in the spirit. While shopping, remember what time of year it is. That’s right — the happy time of year. Regardless of the holiday you celebrate this season, it is not only about shopping but having fun with friends and family. Stay jolly.