The modernization of Sky Harbor International Airport’s Terminal 3 continues, with construction work shifting from the north to the south side of Terminal 3 later this week. During the overnight hours of June 4, the north inner curb lanes at Terminal 3, which have been closed to traffic for the past month, will re-open and the south inner curb lanes at Terminal 3 will close. The closure, which will be in effect for at least a month, will impact drivers entering from the east and heading westbound on Sky Harbor Boulevard.
During this time, drivers are encouraged to follow these tips:
· The westbound outer lanes on the south side of Terminal 3 will be available for picking up and dropping off passengers. The eastbound inner lanes on the north side of the terminal will also be available for pick-ups and drop-offs.
· All Ground Transportation services will be moved to the north outer curb except for the Rental Car Center Shuttle pick-up, which will remain on the south outer curb.
· If you plan to pick up a passenger at Terminal 3, use one of the Cell Phone Lots to avoid circling the terminal.
· Use the PHX Sky Train® Station at 44th and Washington Street for pick-up and drop-off. The PHX Sky Train® offers a quick ride for free between the 44th Street Station and Terminal 3. Drivers can wait for their party in the free cellphone lot adjacent to the station.
· Give yourself a little extra time, reduce your speed, watch for detour signs and use caution when driving.
Terminal 3 serves Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian and JetBlue. The modernization of Terminal 3 will result in a more convenient, efficient experience for passengers including a new consolidated security checkpoint, ticket counter improvements, new shops, restaurants and more. For additional information visit skyharbor.com/terminalmodernization.