Phoenix Mercury rookie center and 2013 All-Star starter Brittney Griner is the WNBA’s top-selling jersey, based on national merchandise sales including WNBAStore.com since the start of the 2013 regular season. Griner and the “3 to See”—rookies Skylar Diggins of the Tulsa Shock and Elena Delle Donne of the Chicago Sky—claimed the top three spots. Maya Moore, who’s held the No. 1 spot for the past two seasons, placed fourth, while the Los Angeles Sparks’ Candace Parker ranked fifth. Mercury guard Diana Taurasi, also a 2013 All-Star starter, ranked sixth on the list.
Diggins’ popularity helped the Shock claim the No. 1 position for the first time for team merchandise sales while the teams of first-time All-Stars Delle Donne (Sky) and Griner placed second and third, respectively. Rounding out the top five teams are the Washington Mystics (No. 4) and the 2012 top-selling Indiana Fever (No. 5).
In its 17th season, the WNBA remains the most successful women’s professional sports league. This year’s All-Star Team includes seven players from the most popular jerseys list: Griner (No. 1), Delle Donne (No. 3), Moore (No. 4), Parker (No. 5), Taurasi (No. 6), Seimone Augustus of the Lynx (No. 7), and Tamika Catchings (No. 8) of the Fever.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLAYER JERSEYS:
1. Brittney Griner – Phoenix Mercury
2. Skylar Diggins – Tulsa Shock
3. Elena Delle Donne – Chicago Sky
4. Maya Moore – Minnesota Lynx
5. Candace Parker – Los Angeles Sparks
6. Diana Taurasi – Phoenix Mercury
7. Seimone Augustus – Minnesota Lynx
8. Tamika Catchings – Indiana Fever
9. Nneka Ogwumlke – Los Angeles Sparks
10. Becky Hammon – San Antonio Silver Stars