July is a busy travel time at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, and passenger traffic for the July Fourth Holiday is expected to peak before the holiday on July 2nd and 3rd and after on July 6. America’s Friendliest Airport® has several travel tips to make your trip easier and more enjoyable.
Save Money with Convenient Parking: Prepaid Discount Parking gives travelers the opportunity to park in the terminal garage at a reduced price. Travelers can avoid the summer sun by booking and prepaying for their parking using an easy online reservation system. Discounted parking is available in the Terminal 2, Terminal 3, or Terminal 4 garages. Those using Prepaid Discount Parking should take a ticket when entering the garage, then present the ticket and the prepaid parking confirmation (printed or on a smartphone) to the cashier upon exit. To reserve parking, visit skyharbor.com/prepaidparking.
Check your bags before arriving at the terminal – Early Bag Check is a handy service that gives travelers flying American, Southwest or US Airways the opportunity to check their bags before they arrive at Terminal 4 and avoid the ticket counter lines. The service is available at East Economy Parking, the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station® and at the Rental Car Center. Early Bag Check is free, though airline bag fees still apply. For additional information, including hours of operation at each location, visit skyharbor.com/earlybagcheck.
Additional important travel tips:
* Arrive at the Airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking in economy areas or checking bags.
* Looking for a handy pick-up and drop-off spot? Save time by dropping off and picking up your party at the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station rather than at Terminal 4. The station offers Early Bag Check and kiosks to print your boarding passes. It also offers a quick, five-minute ride to Terminal 4 on the PHX Sky Train ®. Wait for your party free of charge at the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or use a four-hour parking meter to ride the train in to meet your party. To access the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station from the 202 Red Mountain Freeway, exit at 44th Street and head south. The PHX Sky Train Station is on the southwest corner of 44th Street and Washington.
* Look through your purse or carry-on bag before you come to the Airport. A forgotten weapon can cause you delays, hassles, and even fines. Make your travel experience hassle-free: double check your bag BEFORE you come to the airport. Visit tsa.gov for information about what can be placed in your carry-on. And, remember, fireworks are prohibited.
* For updated information on parking lot and garage availability, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot or call our 24-hour parking hotline at 602-273-4545.
* Visit skyharbor.com on your smartphone or tablet to access our award-winning mobile website. Check your flight status and find out which shops and restaurants are near your gate. Arrive early and grab a bite to eat at one of our new restaurants. Enjoy traveler favorites like Matt’s Big Breakfast, Four Peaks Brewery, Blanco Tacos and more.