Gertrude’s, the highly touted full-service restaurant just inside the Desert Botanical Garden, has introduced new menu items for summer. Under the direction of Executive Chef Matthew Taylor, Gertrude’s ingredient-driven menus burst with fresh and unexpected flavors.
“Summer always re-energizes us about produce and the beautiful vegetables that the season brings particularly tomatoes, asparagus, English peas and avariety of peppers,” Chef Taylor shares. His favorite appetizer this summer is the Crudo featuring the daily fish offering accompanied by Soy Caramel, Pineapple, and “Patio Herbs,” picked fresh from their patio herb garden. This dish satisfies while tantalizing the taste buds.
Featured Summer 2015 Cuisine & Libations
- Grilled Asparagus – Sauce Gribiche + Frisée Lettuce + Benton’s Bacon
- Heirloom Tomatoes – Chermoula + Black Olive Powder + Thai Basil
- Sumac Crusted Hawaiian Tuna – Moroccan Cous Cous + Green Olives + Harissa
- Carolina Gold Rice Grits – English Peas + Black Garlic + Smoked Tomatoes + Pecorino
- Brick Chicken Breast – Jalapeño Creamed Corn + Grilled Asparagus
- Chocolate Raviolis – Blood Orange + Crème Anglaise + Sweet Sage Purée + Candied Pecans
- Sweet Pea Martini – Gin + Dry Vermouth + Sweet Peas + Fresh Ginger + Basil-Mint Syrup
- Cactus Cosmo – Prickly Pear Vodka + Blood Orange Liqueur + Prickly Pear Syrup + Fresh Lime
- Garden Rita – Jalapeño Tequila + Lime Syrup + Blood Orange Liqueur + Lime + Cilantro + Prickly Pear