Macerich today announced details of key updates planned for Arrowhead Towne Center, its dominant West Valley retail property that also will welcome a new, 25,000-square-foot H&M.
Up-to-the-moment, technology-focused new amenities are a major focus of the interior and exterior renovation at Arrowhead Towne Center that starts this spring and will be complete by late 2015.
Highlights of the significant updates include:
• New technology-focused amenities designed for shoppers include a brand-new Text Concierge program to provide shoppers with personalized customer service at their fingertips. Shoppers simply text their questions to 623-227-4227 and a friendly, knowledgeable, on-site guest services representative will get right back to them. Free and reliable, high-speed center-wide WiFi, a state-of-the-art, 17-foot-screen Center Court digital LED board, device charging stations, and four new digital directories add to the updated digital amenities for guests. New technology will deliver special offers and promotions to shoppers’ smartphones that they can take advantage of in real time, while they are shopping on property.
• Redefined seating areas will feature desert-inspired colors and textures as well as offer device charging stations, inspiring shoppers to sit down, relax and plug in. New landscaping throughout the mall as well a plant-based “green wall” will be added against the elevator in Center Court.
• New interior way finding signage complements the all-new property website with advanced search capabilities to help shoppers find their favorite stores, wherever and whenever they want.
• The ceiling throughout the entire mall will be re-painted in warm tones accented by neutral wooden beams and highlighted with new, modern, LED light fixtures.
• New restrooms (including family facilities and nursing rooms) will be added near the Children’s Play Area and the existing food court restrooms will be fully renovated.
• Upgraded architecture throughout the Food Court will complement the refreshed restaurants to create a more intimate feel. Little Tokyo joined the dining line-up in November, Dairy Queen/Orange Julius recently re-opened in a brand new location and Paradise Bakery has just completed its conversion to Panera Bread Bakery-Cafe. The updated food court will feature an open-air dining option via a retractable wall that will create an enhanced, indoor-outdoor food court experience.
• The community room will be updated and expanded to include upgraded furnishings, additional amenities and outdoor space.
• Exterior renovations will include improved landscaping and lighting, new paint, as well as new monument signage, and overall enhancements to the entrances.
“Arrowhead Towne Center has long been a well-loved shopping destination for the West Valley and an irreplaceable asset for Macerich,” said Maria Halstead, Property Manager, Arrowhead Towne Center. “We are enhancing the guest experience, not only with beautiful renovations, but also with exciting new technology-focused amenities for our shoppers. The results will be incredible, offering guests a seamless shopping experience that is modern, sustainable and socially rewarding, and providing our retailers and brand partners with an even better platform for connecting with customers.”
In partnership with the City of Glendale, Arrowhead Towne Center is also improving the transit center on the north side of the mall. “We are excited to partner with Macerich on our transit center project,” said Kevin Link, Glendale Transit. “This project will enhance passenger amenities, providing a shade structure, additional seating, a ticket vending machine and a new bus pull-out area for passenger loading and unloading.”