LawLogix Group earned the Gary L. Trujillo Minority Enterprise Award sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona this year at the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University’s prestigious Spirit of Enterprise Awards.
In 2000, LawLogix co-founder Brian Taylor was sitting at a Burger King near the consulate in Nogales, Mexico, waiting for a new U.S. visa to be approved. His own immigration experience was time consuming and frustrating, and he knew there had to be a better way for immigrants to share their case information with attorneys.
So LawLogix – a software company focused on creating the easiest-to-use and most secure immigration case management and I-9 compliance software available – was born. Brian and his co-founder Dan Siciliano, a law professor at Stanford, set out to develop a service that would automate what is otherwise a time-, labor-, and paper-intensive hiring and visa application process.
Today, LawLogix software and services are used by more than 155,000 organizations and 4.2 million foreign nationals worldwide. The company’s success is based on five core principles:
- Empower the client. When developing their first product, LawLogix bucked the trend of client-hosted software, giving clients more freedom with a Software as a Service (SaaS) business model.
- Innovate by listening. LawLogix listens to customers to better understand their needs, and then develops software to solve their pain points.
- Listen to the marketplace. When the new I-9 and E-Verify laws were introduced, LawLogix developed an entirely new SaaS product to make I-9 compliance easy for companies.
- Invest in employees’ career growth. LawLogix provides specialized ongoing education and training for its employees and promotes from within.
- Lead the way. Through webinars and speaking engagements, LawLogix offers its lessons learned and expertise to the immigration services community.
Name of business: LawLogix Group, LLC
Nature of business: I-9, E-Verify, and immigration case management software
Address: 3111 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Number of employees: 52