A fitness revolution is coming to the Valley this summer from the creators of Mountainside Fitness, Arizona’s largest locally owned chain of fitness centers. Dubbed Fit Republic, this 15,000-square-foot luxury facility will feature five distinct studio spaces (or “States”) under one roof, making it the first of its kind in the United States.
The studio, located in the prestigious Scottsdale Waterfront, will retain a boutique atmosphere by offering five distinct studio rooms:
- State of Revolution (Cycling) – A modern and industrial room equipped with state-of-the-art, Schwinn high-performance spin bikes and an elevated DJ booth for exhilarating and intense workouts.
- State of Battle (Crossfit) – A strong and edgy atmosphere featuring pull-up bars, kettle bells, barbells and wide-open space for squatting, running, jumping, climbing, lifting, and throwing. Workouts are designed to push Citizens to the limit.
- State of Emancipation (Yoga) – A tranquil oasis featuring a climate-controlled, open-air patio that allows Citizens to connect their body and mind with nature.
- State of Absolution (Hot Yoga) – A Moroccan-inspired getaway that embodies heat. The 104-degree room allows for deep stretching, while the humidity provides for a challenging cardio workout.
- State of Rebellion (Group X) – A high-energy space featuring TRX total-body training, boxing, boot camps, HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), and Barre studio classes. This room will also incorporate the latest trends in fitness as Fit Republic instructors seek out the newest and most innovative fitness programs from around the world.
With a total investment of over $2 million, Fit Republic has spared no expense to provide members, or “Citizens,” with the highest level of service and amenities, including beautifully appointed full-service locker rooms with executive service that features laundry and free towel service. A retail shop will also be on site with gear from premium fitness brands.
The main congregating area inside the facility is the Recovery Café – an all-natural juice bar serving fresh juice concoctions, tasty smoothies, and healthy snacks – where Citizens can recharge post-workout. Locally sourced fresh fruits and vegetables will be delivered daily and prepared in the on-site kitchen. Complimentary Wi-Fi will also be provided.
“Our goal with Fit Republic is to introduce the world to a multi-studio concept for one price,” said founder Tom Hatten. “We will deliver a high-end, unique feel in each room to give our citizens an experience that is unlike anything ever done in conventional studios, and armed with an all-star lineup of the ‘who’s who’ of instructors. We are confident the workouts will lead members to become a Citizen for life.”
Main Street is the landlord/developer on the project, while AR Mays Construction handled the build-out. Approximately 40 local jobs will be created.
“Mountainside Fitness is an exceptional corporate partner and we are thrilled they have chosen downtown Scottsdale to introduce their new Fit Republic concept,” said Mayor W.J. “Jim” Lane. “Scottsdale is well known for its commitment to health, from the Cure Corridor initiative to the many miles of recreational paths and trails, we are a community that embraces an active lifestyle. We look forward to watching Fit Republic thrive in downtown Scottsdale.”
Pre-enrollment is now open, with Fit Republic scheduled to open its doors in June. The first class is free to all Arizona residents. Citizens then have the opportunity to purchase session packs ($20 for a single session, $90 for five, or $160 for 10), or sign up for an unlimited monthly membership. The first 500 founding Citizens will receive an introductory rate of $110 per month.
Fit Republic expects to serve approximately 1,500 Citizens. It is located at 7135 E. Camelback Road, Suite 235, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. For more information, please visit www.citizenoffit.com.