Following the success of MIMFest in 2014, the Musical Instrument Museum’s (MIM) inaugural music festival, the two-day outdoor event returns to the museum parking lot on November 7 and 8. Local, national and international musical acts will perform on three stages offering attendees a one-of-a-kind musical journey.
MIMFest is inspired by MIM’s commitment to celebrating musical traditions of the world. Set against the backdrop of the stunning Arizona desert, the festival showcases more than 20 performing groups as well as 12 food trucks serving global fare. It will be a weekend of incomparable entertainment, culture and cuisine.
The full lineup and schedule of performers will be announced in the coming weeks. Confirmed performers include:
- Ozomatli (Los Angeles–based group performing Latin/funk/hip-hop and everything in between)
- The Recycled Orchestra (Paraguayan youth playing instruments made from trash and celebrated in the new documentary film, Landfill Harmonic)
- Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars (internationally acclaimed West African band)
- TriBeCaStan (New York–based band offering global/tribal jazz funk)
- Quetzal (Grammy–winning Chicano rock from East Los Angeles)
- Jaron Freeman-Fox (wildly entertaining Canadian band fusing Celtic, bluegrass, jazz and world music)
- Victor Wooten (Grammy–winning bass virtuoso)
- Martha Redbone (blues, soul and Americana)
- The Jones Family Singers (Texas R&B/gospel powerhouse)
- Phoenix Afrobeat Orchestra (Valley musicians playing Afrobeat)
- Run Boy Run (nationally rising, progressive bluegrass band from Tucson)
- The Sugar Thieves (Phoenix–based blues, roots and Americana band)
In addition to performances on the three stages (two outdoor and the MIM Music Theater), there will be a variety of local musicians, dancers and artists to enhance the experience, including a samba group, aerialists, a Dixieland band and participatory rangoli art. Guests of all ages will also enjoy complimentary face painting, henna art, acoustic instrument demonstrations and craft activities.
Tickets to MIMFest are available to “Circle of Friends” members beginning September 1 at noon and to the public beginning September 3 at 10 a.m. Tickets can be purchased online at MIM.org, via phone at 480.478.6000 or on-site at MIM’s Guest Service desk. Tickets will also be available at the festival on a first-come, first-served basis. MIM’s galleries will be open during the festival; however, MIMFest tickets do not include museum admission.
MIMFest Admission Prices (per day)
Adult (ages 20+) $35
Teen (ages 13–19) $20
Child (ages 4–12) $15
Child (ages 3 & under) Free with ticket-holding adult
Saturday, November 7 | 10:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday, November 8 | 10:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
MIMFest is sponsored in part by APS, Sennheiser, Colletti-Fiss LLC, Intel, KPMG and Blue Oak Energy.