If you are traveling for the holidays, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is offering important travel tips along with a parking discount and a free service for those traveling with gifts.
The TSA recommends that travelers do not wrap their gifts when passing through security. For the sixth year, Phoenix Sky Harbor will be offering free gift-wrapping for travelers.
From 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. December 20-22, gift-wrapping will be available in Terminal 4 in two post-security locations: just past the A Checkpoint and just past the C Checkpoint.
Travelers can save money in the convenient terminal garages by reserving their parking in advance through Prepaid Discount Parking. Parking in the terminal garages is deeply discounted for the holidays – just $13 a day. That price is available through January 4.
The opening of the Terminal 3 PHX Sky Train® station has made it even easier to connect between terminals. All airport travelers are encouraged to use the 44th Street & Washington PHX Sky Train Station for handy pick-up and drop-off. The station offers a quick ride on the PHX Sky Train to Terminals 3 and 4. There is a cell phone lot where drivers may wait free of charge for their party.
Additional travel tips:
- Give yourself enough time. Arrive at the Airport at least two hours before you flight departs.
- Check your flight status with your airline before coming to the Airport.
- Look through your purse or carry-on bag before you come to the Airport. Visit tsa.gov for information about what can be placed in your carry-on.
- If you are planning to park at the Airport and looking for the most convenient parking options, visit skyharbor.com/FindASpot for information and up-to-the-minute parking availability.
- Save time and use Early Bag Check. This service gives travelers flying American/US Airways, Southwest and United the opportunity to check their bags before arriving at the terminal. Avoid the ticket counter lines by checking your bags at East Economy Parking, the 44th Street PHX Sky Train Station, or at the Rental Car Center. The service is free, though airline bag fees still apply. Travelers must check their bags in a minimum of 90 minutes before their flight. For more information, including hours of operation at each location, visitskyharbor.com/earlybagcheck