The Fiesta Bowl is over, the Super Bowl is nearing, and in April Scottsdale will be the site of one of the country’s biggest Rugby showdowns, as four of the hottest collegiate teams, plus the Valley’s high school champs duke it out in The Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale Rugby Bowl: Beauty & The Beast on Saturday, April 18.
Sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale and presented by Smith & Forge Hard Cider, feel the excitement as Arizona’s largest Rugby event, the fastest growing collegiate and North American sport hits Scottsdale Stadium for an all-day party featuring three exciting match-ups, a “Warning Track” Fashion Show and even the World Arm Wrestling League Qualifier featuring the world’s best, Travis Bagent.
Produced by the founders of The Bentley Scottsdale Polo Championships, the Rugby body slamming action starts at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, April 18th with Arizona’s High School Rugby Championship. That’s followed by the USC Trojans taking on the NAU Lumberjacks at 1:00 p.m. and then the party really gets going as the nationally ranked, ASU Sun Devils battle it out with the former Big Ten champion TheOhio State Buckeyes in the best scrum of the day at 3:00 p.m.
“The sport is growing by leaps and bounds right now across the country and there are few championship games to showcase our talents. Come root us on and make sure Ohio State doesn’t win another bowl game this year,” said ASU Head Rugby Coach Gary Lane. “Some Arizona sports fans will lament the last time Arizona State and Ohio State faced off, the 1997 Rose Bowl.”
From beasts to beauties it goes, at 2:30 p.m. fasten your seatbelt for a one-of-a-kind “Warning Track” Fashion Show, featuring a unique production by Phoenix Fashion Week. But that’s not it — rugby revelers will get to test their arm strength against World Arm Wrestling Champion Travis Bagent at the World Arm Wrestling League Qualifier. Don’t miss some of the Valley’s fanciest cars on display thanks to Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale and local auto clubs and dealerships.
Tickets are on sale now at www.TheRugbyBowl.com with a variety of seating options including:
· General Admission – Lawn seats and grandstand seating. Includes admission for all three matches. $10 in advance / $15 at the door.
· Premium Grand Stand Seating – Reserved front-row and second-row seats in premier sections. Includes access to an elevated air-conditioned space. $20 in advance / $30 at the door. Limited capacity.
· Field Pass – In addition to General Admission, exclusive access to all the action, right on the field! Includes no-host bar on the field, and access to an elevated air-conditioned space. $25 in advance / $35 at the door. Limited capacity.
· Mark-Taylor Luxury VIP Living Room – You know it as the Charros Lodge for San Francisco Giants Sprint Training baseball. But it’s a better seat for rugby than baseball. VIP experience including prime location, access to the field, complimentary food and (1) beer, as well as access to an elevated air-conditioned space. $50 in advance / $60 at the door. Front-row reserved table for (4): $325. Second-row reserved table for (4): $300. Third-row reserved table for (4): $275. Fourth or fifth-row reserved table for (4): $250.
· Dugouts – Your very own dugout for you and 24 of your closest friends. Includes exclusive access to locker room restrooms, shaded dugout seating, the field and an elevated air-conditioned space. Seats (25) guests. $1,000. Limited capacity.
· Children 12 and under – Free!
Those interested in corporate sponsorships, suites or to reserve sections or blocks of tickets should contact info@TheRugbyBowl.com or call 480.423.1212 ext. 7.