The James Agency (TJA), a Scottsdale-based full-service advertising, public relations and digital firm, has experienced significant growth in the first half of 2015 with the addition of 11 new clients and seven new employees. Over the past six months, the agency also has been honored with 11 prestigious industry awards at both the local and national levels.
Locally, the agency received top advertising industry honors, earning two American Advertising Federation Phoenix ADDY awards and six American Marketing Association Phoenix Spectrum Awards. All 12 of the agency’s entries were finalists in the Spectrum Awards competition. Additionally, TJA CEO Veronique James was recognized this month as one of Az Business Magazine’s “Most Influential Women in Arizona.”
At the national level, TJA was honored with two Stevie Awards in the American Business Awards competition, the nation’s premier business awards program. James won a Silver Stevie as Executive of the Year in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations. The agency also earned a Bronze Stevie for Marketing Campaign of the Year in the Restaurants category for its work on Spinato’s Pizzeria’s 40th Anniversary Campaign.
“We are honored and humbled to be recognized with such prestigious accolades,” James said. “Each of our achievements is truly a team effort. We are grateful to work with such a diverse and exciting group of clients, whose brands continue to inspire us creatively every day.”
Specializing in the lifestyle, real estate and hospitality industries, TJA has bolstered its portfolio by welcoming the following new clients in 2015:
- Ak-Chin Visitor Center – a new visitor center designed by architectural firm Nelsen Partners that will take guests through the history and culture of the Ak-Chin community
- Alta Properties – luxury multifamily rental communities constructed by nationally renowned real estate company Wood Partners
- Aridus Wine Company – a state-of-the-art custom crush winery located in Wilcox, AZ, with a tasting room in Old Town Scottsdale
- Capital Place – the highly anticipated $50 million apartment complex coming to Downtown Phoenix, developed by Florida-based Epoch Residential
- Citizen Public House and The Gladly – Award-winning restaurants owned and operated by In Good Spirits Hospitality Group
- Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill – a fast-casual Mediterranean restaurant concept with two Phoenix locations
- Phoenix East Valley – a national initiative led by the East Valley Partnership to advance business and quality of life in the region.
- Portland on the Park – a luxury condo property coming to Downtown Phoenix developed by Habitat Metro, LLC and Sunbelt Holdings, LLC
- Ten Six Design – a Scottsdale-based interior and exterior design firm
TJA also is currently working with a notable Scottsdale-based plastic surgeon and a new chicken wing restaurant concept, each soon to be named by TJA.
To support the needs of its growing client base, TJA has hired the following seven employees in 2015, which is the most new hires in a six-month period for the agency:
- Jennifer Adler, director of public relations
- Amy Aust, public relations representative
- John Blades, junior graphic designer
- Wes Chaderton, junior copywriter
- Jessica Golombek, assistant media buyer
- Dallas McLaughlin, digital marketing strategist (Certified Google Partner)
- Emily Wincel, social media strategist
Founded in 2005 by James as a one-woman operation out of her living room, TJA has grown to 25 employees and anticipates additional growth before the end of the year.