It’s the “Deal of the Year,” an award given by the Arizona Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), to recognize a company or private equity firm for their accomplishments regarding a merger, acquisition or capital market transaction. The award will recognize a deal/transaction in the Arizona marketplace involving established businesses with between $10 and $750 million of revenue that closed in calendar year 2014.
The Deal of the Year Award will be given out on March 10 at a dinner at the Arizona Biltmore. The ACG signature event begins with a networking session at 5 p.m. and culminates with the award presentation starting at 6:45 p.m.
Nominations for the prestigious award are currently being accepted. Those interested in nominating a transaction for the event can download the nomination form at www.acg.org/arizona.
“The transactions that are recognized in the Deal of the Year Award ceremony are the kind of transactions that drive our economy behind the scenes,” said Sanat Patel, Board President for ACG-Arizona. “This award is a recognition of the individuals and companies that are responsible for economic growth in Arizona, and their accomplishments in moving our state and our region forward.”
The award criteria are:
· Deal-making that either created or demonstrates a real potential for substantial return on investment
· Deal-making that evidences the unlocking of value and/or contribution to the strategic development of the business
· Deal-making that produces a wider business impact, such as the development of new markets, products, services and/or technologies and the creation or retention of quality employment opportunities in Arizona
· Deal-making that reflects a high level of professional expertise in the design of the transaction and tested creativity and deal-making skills in completing the transaction
· At least one company involved in the transaction must be headquartered or have a majority of its operations in Arizona
Tickets for the March 10 event are available for $135 for ACG members and $155 for ACG non-members, and may be purchased by visiting www.acg.org/arizona or calling 602-448-3981 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorships for the event are also available; to inquire, call or e-mail ACG-Arizona at the information here.
Founded in 1954, the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) is a global association for professionals involved in corporate growth, corporate development, and mergers and acquisitions. Today ACG stands at more than 14,000 members from corporations, private equity, finance, and professional service firms representing Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, FTSE 100, and mid-market companies in 56 chapters in North America, Europe, and Asia. The Arizona chapter of ACG includes representatives from corporate investment and private equity groups, financiers, venture capitalists and supporting consultant services. For more information, visit www.acg.org/arizona.