Do you know any women who are eager to enter the world of entrepreneurship? A woman who wants to learn the ins and outs of launching a company, straight from successful entrepreneurs and mentors? Or perhaps you know a woman who has an idea and wants to scale her business in the New Year? If so, SEED SPOT is a place she needs to get to know.
SEED SPOT is the best place for these aspiring entrepreneurs to camp out for a week, and be part of the first week dedicated exclusively to women. Participants will have the opportunity to strengthen their business model, practice and perfect their business pitch, and even explore the opportunity to secure a $10,000 loan with zero percent interest through KIVA.
Here’s what’s planned for this weeklong workshop:
• Inspiration from energetic mentors and rock-star social entrepreneurs;
• Building a solid business model using the Lean Canvas methodology;
• Discovering ways to raise capital to launch ideas;
• Practicing how to interview customers and determine target market;
• Learning how to effectively market and brand a venture;
• Developing and presenting a three-minute pitch to a live community audience; and
• Surrounding women with a supportive community of mentors eager to help.
When: Monday, Jan. 26 – Friday, Jan. 30, 2015 (from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., lunch included)
Where: SEED SPOT, 2828 N. Central Ave., 7th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85004
How: To register, submit an online application at www.seedsport.org by January 21, 2015. The fee for the program is $500 and a limited number of scholarships are available.