“While maintaining a firm handle on the traditional functions of the legal department, the roles of in-house attorneys are expanding to handle complex issues such as regulation and compliance, data privacy and cybersecurity issues,” says AZ Big Media Editor in Chief Michael Gossie. “It’s a difficult, yet vital role that has a direct impact on every organization’s bottom line. And never has the role been more vital — or more challenging — than it’s been in 2022.”
READ ALSO: The Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona for 2022
Each year, Az Business magazine partners with the Arizona Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel and the State Bar of Arizona to present the Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards. Sponsors of the Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards included presenting sponsors Cresa and Ogletree Deakins.
Nominations are open for in-house attorneys and legal teams in the following categories:
• Up-and-Comer of the Year
• Pro Bono In-House Counsel or Legal Team of the Year
• Government, Municipal or Public Sector Counsel of the Year
• Nonprofit Sector Counsel of the Year
• Private Company Counsel of the Year
• Public Company Counsel of the Year
• Legal Department of the Year
• Corporate Counsel of the Year/Lifetime Achievement Award
Deadline for nominations is Friday, Nov. 25, 2022, so nominate today.
Winners and finalists the 2023 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards will be honored at a dinner and reception on March 30, 2023, at Chateau Luxe, 1175 E. Lone Cactus Drive, Phoenix.