The Giving Group Arizona (TGGAZ) is seeking community minded women and men to join its unique non profit. TGGAZ is volunteer-based organization whose members believe that through “amplified giving” they can make the world a better place, one non-profit at a time.
The Giving Group concept is simple; each member of the TGGAZ makes a $100 donation through the Giving Group website each quarter and the accumulated funds are awarded to a different local non-profit of the members’ choice, four times per year.
The Giving Group meets four times per year and at each meeting four members are chosen at random. Each of these members then has four minutes to present a nonprofit of their choice for consideration for that quarter’s donation. Members then vote and the winning cause receives a check from TGGAZ. To qualify as a recipient the organization must: be local, be a qualified 501(c)3, have a board of directors and have been operating for at least 2 years
What Sets The Giving Group Arizona Apart?
- The time and financial commitment are both low; 1 hour and $100 per quarter per member
- The quarterly donation to local nonprofits is high. 100 members x $100 each=$10,000
- Members learn about four area non-profits at each meeting in a personal format that also gives nonprofits a unique opportunity to reach new potential donors & volunteers
- Meetings are a great opportunity for networking with like-minded individuals
- Members may bring kids to the quarterly meetings, a great chance for them to see charitable giving in action
The Giving Group AZ
For more information & to register as a member, visit www.tggaz.org.
Next meeting is Thursday, February 22 , 6pm-7pm, at Scottsdale Desert Stages Theatre inside Scottsdale Fashion Square, 7014 E Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251.