The Phoenix Metro Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) installed its new Board of Directors for the 2018-19 term at the organization’s recent Desert Diamonds Awards Gala.
In continuing to advocate and increase awareness for women business owners, the incoming Executive Committee and Board of Directors pledged to follow the vision of the new President, Ronit Urman of Urman Enterprises, in making the Phoenix Metro Chapter the premier place for women business owners in Arizona.
“NAWBO Phoenix will continue even stronger to be the Arizona organization where women business owners receive the mentoring, support and encouragement they need to grow to their highest potential,” says Urman. “I am honored to serve as president this year and look forward to working with members to build on the success of our organization.
“Spring boarding from the foundation, policies and procedures set in place by the preceding successful Board of Directors, the new Executive Committee is energized and ready to kick off this new term with excitement,” Urman promises. “Our new plans and programs are designed to continue to increase membership and our corporate partnerships.”
In addition to Urman, members serving on the Executive Committee include:
- President Elect, Angela Garmon of ARG Coaching & Consulting Group;
- Secretary, Amanda Peterson of Pathways of Grace;
- Treasurer, Deborah Baldini of Baldini Investment Management;
- Past President, Julie Cook of Idea Three Creative;
- and NAWBO Executive Director Suzanne Lanctot (ex-officio).
Other members serving on the Board include:
- Board Strategy and Development Director, Cindy Gordon of Business Rescue Coaching;
- Corporate Partner C0-Directors, Jean Briese of Jean Briese LLC, and Kathleen Gramzay of Kinessage;
- Mentoring Director, Sandra Abbey of Leader Discovery;
- Public Policy Director, Wendy Anderton of Global Ties AZ;
- Programs Director, MaryLynne Christman of Collaborative Event Management;
- Marketing Director, Laurie Anderson of Cactus Creative;
- Membership Director, Veronica Archer of US Bank; and
- Community Alliance Director, Julie Cook of Idea Three Creative.