Sprouts Farmers Market will open its new location on 7th Avenue and Osborn on Wednesday, August 22. The new store will be the Phoenix-based grocer’s fifth new location to open in Arizona this year.
The Phoenix location joins three other new Sprouts opening the same day in Lodi, Calif., Las Vegas, Nev. and Durham, NC, marking a record number of same-day openings for the healthy grocer. Sprouts reached its 16th year of operation last month and now operates more than 300 stores in 17 states from coast to coast.
Sprouts has been a driving force for making healthy food affordable and accessible since its inception and has paved the way for numerous natural brands. The Phoenix store will offer locally made products from Arizona-based producers, including Danzeisen Dairy, Lawless Jerky, Kettle Heroes, Hayden Flour Mill, Matcha Marketplace, PB Americano, Pickled Perfection and Queen Creek Olive Mill.
Grand Opening Details
Sprouts will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the new store located at 3320 N. 7th Avenue before doors open at 7 a.m. The public is invited to join the festivities and shop among thousands of healthy items offered throughout the 31,000-square-foot store.
Grand opening day giveaways:
• The first 200 shoppers will receive 20 percent off their initial total purchase. A line is expected to form at 6 a.m.
• Delicious muffin and coffee samples will be served to everyone in line before the doors open.
• Upon checkout, every 15th shopper will receive a coupon book featuring Sprouts savings.
• Every customer will receive one free reusable bag with purchase.
Grand opening weekend deals:
• Saturday, August 25 – The first 200 customers to make a purchase will receive a coupon booklet for five free deli items.
• Sunday, August 26 – Upon checkout, every 15th customer will receive a coupon for $5 off a purchase of more than $15 to use on their next visit.
As part of Sprouts’ commitment to “zero waste,” the new Phoenix store will donate unsold and edible groceries to St. Mary’s Food Bank through the grocer’s Food Rescue program. In 2017, Sprouts stores and distribution centers donated 23 million pounds of product, equivalent to 19 million meals. Food that is not fit for donation is provided to local cattle farms and composting facilities. Sprouts’ evolving “zero waste” initiatives help minimize food waste while reducing the impact of hunger and the company’s environmental footprint.