Consistency at the top
Everyone wants to be liked. Even villains want others to love to hate them. There is something about positive affirmation that makes a tough day easier to swallow. When Az Business magazine and BestCompaniesAZ developed the Most Admired Companies program in 2010, the primary goal was to recognize those companies that excel in workplace culture, leadership, social responsibility, customer opinion and innovation.
Because of that, the September issue is one of my favorites because it truly showcases those companies that reflect the best in Arizona business, from both economic and community impact standpoints. Six of the 40 companies that are being recognized in this issue have separated themselves from the pack by being honored all six years of the program’s existence.
• American Express, led by Tammy Weinbaum, senior vice president and general manager.
• CBRE, led by Craig Henig, senior managing director.
• Shutterfly, led by Corey Conklin, vice president of customer care.
• Sonora Quest Laboratories, led by Dave Dexter, president and CEO.
• Sundt Construction, which is celebrating an astounding 125 years in business and is led by this issue’s cover model, David Crawford, the company’s CEO.
• UnitedHealthcare of Arizona, led by David W. Allazetta, president and CEO for UnitedHealthcare’s employer and individual business in Arizona and New Mexico.
Even greater than its product or service, a company’s workplace culture, leadership, social responsibility, customer opinion or innovation is often what people remember and admire. Inside this issue, you will read about 40 companies that embody those qualities and inspire others.