Phoenix has earned a score of 100 — the highest score possible — on the Human Rights Campaign’s Municipal Equality Index Scorecard for nine consecutive years. That’s why one of Metro Phoenix’s best-kept secrets is the prominence and longevity of the city’s LGBTQ+ business community. Here are 12 LGBTQ-owned businesses in Metro Phoenix to know in 2023.
1. One Community: Responsible for the UNITY Pledge, One Community unites businesses, organizations, faith leaders and individuals to advance social justice and treatment for LGBTQ communities.
2. Barrio Cafe: Chef Silvana Salcido Esparza, co-owner and co-founder of Barrio Cafe is legendary, recognized for her authentic, iconic Mexican cuisine, which has been featured on Food Network’s Diners Drive-Ins and Dives.
3. Brokers Hub Realty: Composed of all brokers, Brokers Hub Realty is recognized for its excellence in customer care and service for those seeking to buy or sell a home in the Valley.
4. Family Wealth Management Group : Providing a host of financial planning services, Family Wealth Management Group also holds inclusion, diversity, belonging, equity, and accessibility to the highest standards.
5. FEZ: With its delicious Mediterranean and American cuisine offerings and inviting atmosphere, FEZ is often commended for its incredibly diverse environment and staff.
6. KEO Marketing: KEO’s diverse team of marketers
specializes in B2B marketing. The company has received multiple regional and national awards and accolades, including several Stevie awards
7. Prism Counseling: Specializing in LGBTQ+ counseling, Prism Counseling counselors help adults, couples and teens navigate emotional, relational and spiritual issues and provide hope and strength to their clients.
8. Realty ONE Group (Matthew Hoedt): Hoedt brings certifications in residential, luxury and international services to Realty ONE Group and serves as the 2022 Arizona chapter vice president of the LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance.
9. Social Dizfunksion Clothing Co.: Valley-based clothier, Social Dizfunksion strives to empower people, promote uniqueness, love, passion and create a “beacon that attracts other people” through their dynamic products and designs.
10. The Felice Agency: Led by Tony Felice, president and chief thinker and doodler, The Felice Agency is known for its diverse marketing services, from advertising and branding to book cover design and more.
11. Tyler Allen Law Firm: Offering 30 years of combined legal experience, the Tyler Allen Law Firm — under the leadership of Tyler Allen — prioritizes advocacy for the gay and lesbian community of Arizona.
12. Wayward Medical: The highly trained, experienced medical staff at Wayward Medical provide traveling healthcare, specializing in long-term care and skilled nursing facilities.