Arizona Entrepreneurs Selected as Semi-finalists of Tallwave’s Startup Competition
Catalyzing its mission to develop and commercialize new ventures at a scale never before seen in Arizona, Tallwave, the Southwest’s premier lean business accelerator and venture management firm, today announced semi-finalists of its first ever biannual “High Tide” startup competition.
Selected from a pool of more than 100 applicants, the ventures showcased their exceptional technology and talent at a special High Tide kick-off event today attended by high-profile local investors, top corporations and entrepreneurial ecosystem partners. The event also featured a keynote speech delivered by William C. Harris, president and CEO of the Science Foundation of Arizona.
“With submissions from across the country including California, Colorado and as far East as Massachusetts, the quality and diversity of High Tide applicants were remarkable, and the semifinalists selected demonstrate tremendous promise,” said Jeffrey Pruitt, Tallwave chairman and CEO. “These innovative entrepreneurs are one step closer to commercializing their technology and impacting Arizona’s economy through wealth and job creation.”
The semi-finalists and the Tallwave team will conduct rigorous market and concept validation work over the next two months, competing for six finalist spots to be announced on February 28.
Finalists advance through Tallwave’s “Phase Two: Acceleration” program and receive cash grants of $15,000 for use in company operational expenses and an additional $35,000 in scholarships for either Product / Market Fit or Go-To-Market services from Tallwave.
A partial list of semi-finalists includes:
· Convrrt (Chandler, AZ): provides the highest lead converting SEM campaign websites using multi-step and industry specific landing pages that can be built in under 15mins with no tech experience.
· Creative Allies (Santa Monica, CA): changing the way branded merchandise is designed and sold. With an online community of over 40,000 designers, the company has completed over 750 design contests with an ever-growing collection of artists ranging from Eminem to Jack Johnson.
· Go Dēhp (Phoenix, AZ): works with high-end resort spas to deliver a scalable delivery system for Dēhp services and products including the Dēhp Spa Enrichment Experience, a transformative treatment for insight, stress relief, healing, and optimum human performance.
· GreenRx (Denver, CO): an online marketplace which allows pharmacies to find prescriptions in short supply and trade excess inventory before it expires.
· GxStream (Burbank, CA): the next generation of the live video sports network for gamers; helping video fans find and connect with the best moments in game streams.
· Likely Products (Scottsdale, AZ): developing a new suite of “no fluff” software designed to help combat the inefficiencies and frustrations of common project management, meeting, planning, and reporting challenges faced by people within organizations all around the world.
· LocalWork.com (Phoenix, AZ): an employment resource focused on helping connect local employers with local job seekers.
· Obelus Media (Phoenix, AZ): provides full page advertisements instead of a blank screen while users navigate websites and applications on mobile devices and experience loading time.
· Renovation Planners (Culver City, CA) a digital media company that can be described as “where Suze Orman meets Angie’s List,” focused on helping homeowners avoid becoming the next remodeling horror story.
· SaveOnCouriers.com (Phoenix, AZ): an online marketplace where customers can receive the best possible pricing and fastest possible service for local same-day delivery service.
· Shop In Spa (San Diego, CA): an enterprise-class SaaS (software-as-a-service) product sales solution for top-tier spas and salons and independent health, beauty and wellness practitioners.
· Viidya (Phoenix, AZ): an online marketplace for videos that makes it easy for independent producers to sell video content online.