Arizona EV Fleet Expo comes to Tempe
The Arizona EV Fleet Expo is a free event on March 14 geared toward local business leaders, fleet operators, fleet managers, operations managers and others in the local business arena of all sizes and sectors interested in learning more about transitioning their fleets to electric vehicles (EV). The event will feature the latest in electric vehicles, charging options, panelist discussions, workshops and networking opportunities.
The expo is hosted by the Transportation Electrification Activator (TE Activator) and APS. The TE Activator is a coalition of regional stakeholders dedicated to advancing transportation electrification for the benefit of all Arizonans. Members include SRP, City of Phoenix, City of Tempe, City of Mesa, ASU, American Lung Association, Western Resource Advocates, SWEEP and Shell Recharge.
Speakers at the event will include Tempe Mayor Corey Woods and Tempe Sustainability Director, Dr. Braden Kay who will speak about the importance of the transition to electrification. Panel discussions will also feature utility experts from SRP and APS who will discuss fleet electrification and its benefits; vehicle manufacturers and experts from local organizations including ASU who have already begun their electrification transition; and an overview of electrification-related incentive programs and grant opportunities to bring additional funds into the Arizona region.
The event is free but interested attendees must register at sustainabilityactivator.com/upcoming-events.
READ ALSO: Could Pinal County become the Detroit of electric vehicles?
Arizona EV Fleet Expo
March 14, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tempe Center for the Arts
- 10am - Welcome – Electrifying Transportation in Arizona: Opportunities & Challenges
- 10am - Exhibition open: Exhibitor booths and vehicle displays
- 10:30am-12pm - Panel: Fleet Electrification - Building Your Transition Plan Plan
- 12-1pm - Lunch & Presentation - “The importance of Electrification for the Greater Phoenix Region”; presented by Tempe Mayor Corey Woods, Dr. Braden Kay, Tempe Sustainability Director
- 1-2pm - Panel: Managing an Electrified Fleet
- 2-2:30pm - Networking & Exhibit Time
- 2:30-3:30pm - Panel: Incentive & Grant Opportunities - How to Accelerate Electrification in Arizona
- 4pm- Exhibition Closes