Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Valley businesses Help Phoenix Children’s Hospital in March
For the entire month of March, local businesses and the community at large will help raise money for The Hope Fund—to help support the Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
The Hope Fund allows Phoenix Children’s Hospital to launch critical new programs, purchase essential equipment, conduct cutting-edge research, provide charitable care and much more.
“We are so excited to launch this Make March Meaningful campaign because it is not only another way for donors to get involved, but it also allows us to keep growing all of our programs that are saving the lives of these incredible children,” says Steve Schnall, senior vice president and chief development officer of Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Many donors of Phoenix Children’s Hospital can choose to support specific programs and services that meet their areas of interest and personal goals, and these gifts are valuable and essential to the hospital’s mission. However, the power of unrestricted giving through The Hope Fund is immeasurable because it ensures that support is available where and when it is needed most so Phoenix Children’s Hospital can continue to enhance the care provided to patients.
Multiple businesses in Metro Phoenix will run promotions and hold events throughout the month that will benefit the Make March Meaningful campaign.
Local Events and Businesses Participating:
- American Income Life Insurance: People can make direct donations via a link on the website.
- American Textile Recycling Services: A portion of its per pound clothing and textile donation bins will be donated.
- Big O Tires: Giant change canisters will be available for customers to drop their spare change in at all area locations.
- Chipotle: On March 13, All Arizona restaurant locations will donate 50 percent of each order with the mention of Phoenix Children’s.
- Dairy Queen: On March 20, Dairy Queen is offering a free small sized regular soft served cone and encouraging customers to make a donation. Limit is one per person. All March, customers can also roundup their total transaction with the extra monies being donated to Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Dine With Your Dog: The 10th annual event on March 9, benefits Phoenix Children’s Hospital’s Animal Assisted Therapy Program and is in partnership with PetSmart Charities. Tickets are available for purchase here.
- Downright Beautiful Fashion Show: This 4th annual fashion show benefits the Pediatric Down Syndrome Clinic and happens on March 26. More information is available here.
- Filiberto’s: Each of its locations is donating $500 in addition to asking customers for donations of $1 or more at the register.
- Grand Canyon University’s Run to Fight Children’s Cancer: This annual 5k/10k run raises awareness for Childhood cancer and happens on March 11. People can sign up here.
- H&R Block: Every time you mention Phoenix Children’s Hospital when you visit H&R Block, they will make a $20 donation.
- Hungry Howie’s: March 11-April 11 is Hungry Howie’s Pizza With a Heart campaign. Heart-shaped pizzas will be made upon request on March 11. Through April 11, any customer that donates $2 will receive a free Howie Bread coupon. A $10 donation will give the customer a free large one topping pizza.
- IHOP: National Pancake Day is March 7. IHOP is serving a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes all day and encouraging its customers to donate.
- Jersey Mike’s Subs: March 29 is Jersey Mike’s Day of Giving where 100 percent of all sales will benefit Phoenix Children’s. In addition, they are collecting donations from customers all month long.
- Lyft: In March, $10 for every first ride will be donated and $50 in free ride credits will be given (this will only apply to new users).
- Marriott: A portion of the San Francisco Giants’ concession stand sales from Feb 28 – March 28 will be donated.
- McDowell Mountain Music Festival: 50 percent of the proceeds for the 14th annual music festival during March 3-5 will be donated.
- Nextiva: A sponsor of the Make March Meaningful campaign.
- Panda Express: Canisters on the counter will be available for people to drop their change into.
- Papa John’s: Will donate a portion of proceeds from their Mike Smith Smitty Special.
- Dolce Salon & Spa: All locations will collect donations from customers. For every $5 donated, customers will receive $2 Dolce Dollars. In addition to collecting donations, 100 percent of proceeds from specific services will benefit Phoenix Children’s.
- Gym & Swim Festival: On Saturday March 25th, Hubbard Family Swim School and Arizona Sunrays Gymnastics and Dance will come together for the 8th Annual Gym & Swim Festival, benefitting Phoenix Children’s. This family event will feature swim and water fun, gymnastics and dance classes, a bounce house, trampoline, local food and shopping vendors and more. The event is from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Kino Plaza (13832 N 32nd Street) in Phoenix.
- California Pizza Kitchen: All month long, the Biltmore location will be selling icons and HOPE bracelets for a donation in addition to donating proceeds from the white corn guacamole & chips side.
- Ocean Poke Co.: On March 17, the location on Indian School and 36th Street will be donating a portion of its proceeds to Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Steve Trang Group | Stunning Homes Reality: Agents will donate a portion of their commission for every home sold during the month of March.
- Zoyo Yogurt: Customers can visit any participating Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt all month long to donate to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. When customers donate $5 or more they will receive a Phoenix Children’s Hospital bracelet and a free 16 oz coupon. Don’t forget to try the Make March Meaningful flavor of the month, Mint Madness.
- Kohl’s: Shop Kohl’s Cares Dr. Seuss books and stuffed animals for just $5. A hundred percent of net proceeds will benefit Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Individuals interested in helping beyond the month of March can also become a Hero for Hope, which is a more personalized way of donating.
Heroes for Hope are individuals who make a pledge to Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation of $20 per month or more for a year or a single gift of $240 or more. Becoming a Hero for Hope means that a patient at Phoenix Children’s Hospital will receive a Superhero sidekick stuffed animal in the donor’s name. This gift will not only brighten a child’s day, but it will also help more kids receive the life-saving medical care they need.