The Greater Phoenix Chamber announced the 11 women chosen as finalists for its prestigious 35th Anniversary ATHENA Awards, continuing its strong tradition of recognizing outstanding Valley businesswomen.
The ATHENA Businesswoman of the Year Award recognizes a woman in the public and private sectors and highlights an upcoming leader in the Valley as an ATHENA Young Professional. ATHENA finalists are chosen for their excellence in business and leadership, dedication to the community, and support and mentorship of other women.
The 11 finalists are:
Private Sector finalists:
• Delma Herrera, Vice President of Field Sales, West Region, Cox Communications
• Sissie Roberts Shank, President & CEO, Chas Roberts A/C & Plumbing Inc.
• Marcia Veidmark, Owner, Founder, CEO & Chairman of the Board, SSC Underground (Specialized Services Co.)
Public Sector finalists:
• Jennifer Caraway, Founder & Executive Director, The Joy Bus
• Christine Mackay, Director, Community & Economic Development, City of Phoenix
• April A. Salomon, Executive Director, Musical Instrument Museum (MIM)
• Kate Smith, Ed.D., President, Rio Salado College
Young Professional finalists:
• Veronica Aguilar, Vice President, Teach for America
• Lindsey Beagley, Senior Director for Mirabella at ASU, ASU Enterprise Partners
• Amber Cordoba, Director of Business Education and Consulting Services, CPLC – Prestamos CDFI
“Spotlighting the women who are moving the Greater Phoenix area forward through the ATHENA Awards program is one of the Chamber’s proudest traditions,” said Todd Sanders, president & CEO of the Greater Phoenix Chamber. “These women make immeasurable contributions within their companies, their communities, and they are a driving force in making Arizona a top state in the nation. I encourage everyone to join us in October at the ATHENA Awards Luncheon to meet these exceptional leaders.”
The ATHENA Awards highlight women who have achieved the pinnacle of success within their industry, have mentored women throughout their careers, dedicated their time to their community, and are making a difference in the lives of others.
Join the Greater Phoenix Chamber to celebrate outstanding businesswomen in our community and to support all nominees, finalists, and recipients past and present.
WHO: Three ATHENA Award recipients will be announced during the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s 35th Anniversary ATHENA Awards Luncheon.
WHEN: Thursday, October 13, 2022 | 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
REGISTER: Register here | Registration closes on Thursday, October 6, 2022, at 5 p.m.
QUESTIONS: Email [email protected] with any questions.