Az Business announces 2017 ACC Awards finalists
Effective corporate counsel has never been more important than it is in today’s new and ever-evolving knowledge-based economy.
Az Business magazine is recognizing the important and vital role that in-house counsel plays in the success of a business with the Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards (ACC Awards).
The 23 finalists and winners will be honored during a ceremony and dinner on Thursday, Jan. 26, 2017 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge.
Candidates in several categories will be recognized for their extraordinary legal skills and achievements across a full range of in-house responsibility, exemplary leadership and for contributions to Arizona’s communities.
The ACC Awards 2017 categories include: Public Company, Private Company, Nonprofit, Pro Bono, Up-and-Comer (less than five years in practice), Legal Department of the Year, Lifetime Achievement and Government, Municipal or Public Sector.
Here are this year’s finalists in alphabetical order:
- Diandra D. Benally, general counsel, Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation
- Michael Bennett, executive vice president and general counsel, STORE Capital
- Paul Breaux, general counsel and corporate secretary, Carvana
- Ahron Cohen, general counsel, Arizona Coyotes
- Douglas Currault, deputy general counsel and corporate secretary, Freeport-McMoRan Inc.
- Linus Everling, general counsel, Gila River Indian Community
- Martin Felli, chief legal officer, chief compliance officer and corporate secretary, JDA Software
- Roza Ferdowsmakan, in-house counsel and office of CEO, Zivelo
- Paul Holma, senior counsel, real estate and construction, Dignity Health
- Intel Corporation Law and Policy Group
- Jessica Jarvi, senior vice president, deputy general counsel and assistant secretary, Western Alliance Bancorporation
- Sharon Koath, senior IP transaction counsel, Microchip Technology
- Michael T. Liburdi, general counsel, Office of Arizona Governor Doug Ducey
- Mona Mehta Stone, senior vice president, general counsel and chief compliance officer, Goodwill Industries of Central Arizona, Inc.
- John Murphy, general counsel and secretary, Nextiva
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Office of the General Counsel
- Pinnacle West Capital Corporation legal department
- Renee J. Scatena, associate general counsel, Intel Corporation
- Ian Schulder, vice president of risk management and general counsel, TruWest Credit Union
- Justin Steltenpohl, vice president and general counsel, PB Bell & Associates, Inc
- Ronald R. Stuff, senior vice president, general counsel and chief compliance officer, Sundt Construction, Inc.
- James Todd, assistant general counsel and assistant secretary, Limelight Networks
- Helena Varnavas Gorman, senior legal counsel, ASML US, Inc.
Be sure to purchase tickets to honor the winners and finalists of this year’s Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards on Thursday, Jan. 26, 2017.