OneAZ Credit Union awarded $110,000 in grants to 22 Phoenix-area nonprofit organizations as part of its Community Impact Grant program. Each organization will receive $5,000 towards a program or initiative that supports one of OneAZ’s Five Pillars – Children’s Health, Food Banks, Financial Education, Veterans’ Interests, and Local Youth Programs.
“We’re incredibly excited and humbled that we’re able to help so many nonprofit organizations in the Phoenix area this year,” said Brandon Michaels, OneAZ President & CEO. “We recognize that there is tremendous need in the Phoenix area and we’re grateful these organizations are creating meaningful change in their communities. The only reason we’re able to give back at such a tremendous rate is because of our membership. Together, they’re helping us build a brighter future for all Arizonans.”
Cancer Support Community Arizona is just one of the Phoenix-based non-profit organizations that have received a 2023 Community Impact Grant. The $5,000 Community Impact Grant will help support families with loved ones battling cancer.
“We are grateful to OneAZ Community Foundation for their generous support of Cancer Support Community Arizona’s Youth, Teen and Family (YTF) Program,” said Annet Ruiter, Interim CEO and Chief Mission Officer. “Youth going through cancer or who have loved ones experiencing cancer are under unique pressures, and the YTF program provides them a safe space where they can build community with other youth who understand what they are going through. We are excited to bring back our popular Homecoming Dance for teens impacted by cancer. OneAZ Community Foundation’s generous support enables us to provide them with an opportunity to celebrate milestones, find hope, and just be teens!”
2023 marks a record-breaking year for the OneAZ Community Foundation’s Community Impact Grant Program. This year, OneAZ is providing $330,000 in Community Impact Grants to 66 Arizona nonprofit organizations. Since 2016, the OneAZ Community Foundation has supported 138 Phoenix-area nonprofits with $384,500 in donations.
Funding for the Community Impact Grant program is made possible in large part due to OneAZ members’ debit card usage. Each time a member uses their OneAZ debit card for a purchase, OneAZ donates one-cent to the Foundation. This means that Phoenix-based members were directly responsible for helping OneAZ to support the organizations that have received donations.
Below is a list of the Phoenix-area organizations that will receive OneAZ 2023 Community Impact Grants:
- Amanda Hope Rainbow Angels – Phoenix, Children’s Health
- Arizona Sustainability Alliance – Phoenix, Local Youth Programs
- AZ Reach – Tolleson, Financial Education
- Beyond the Hurt – Phoenix, Financial Education
- Breathing Life International, Inc. DBA New Breed – Mesa, Financial Education
- Cancer Support Community Arizona – Phoenix, Children’s Health
- CDT Kids – Higley, Children’s Health
- Charity Beyond Belief – Phoenix, Veterans’ Interests
- Chrysalis Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence – Phoenix, Food Banks
- Desert Sounds Performing Arts, Inc. – Mesa, Local Youth Programs
- Empowering Latina Leaders in Arizona (E.L.L.A.) – Phoenix, Financial Education
- Harvest Compassion Center – Phoenix, Food Banks
- Junior Achievement of Arizona – Tempe, Financial Education
- Liberty High School Music Education Association – Sun City, Local Youth Programs
- Live & Learn – Phoenix, Financial Education
- Million Dollar Teacher Project – Phoenix, Local Youth Programs
- Mom’s Pantry – Phoenix, Food Banks
- R.I.S.E. Over Everything Outreach – Tempe, Local Youth Programs
- St. Mary’s Food Bank – Phoenix, Food Banks
- St. Vincent de Paul – Phoenix, Financial Education
- State Forty Eight Foundation – Chandler, Financial Education
- The JM23 Foundation – Gilbert, Children’s Health