Have you ever arrived at the airport late, cutting it close to your flight’s departure time? We think just about everyone knows that stressful feeling. That’s why in FinanceBuzz’s latest study, researchers looked at the 45 busiest airports in the U.S. to rank the best and worst airports for travelers who are running late — and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport ranks 7th best overall.
Here’s more info:
• The average security line wait time at PHX is 16:23 minutes.
• Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers CLEAR lanes.
• On average, 56,431 passengers fly out of PHX each day.
PHX has the highest volume of departing passengers compared with the other airports on the ‘best’ list, meaning it has great efficiency.
Of the 45 busiest airports in the U.S., here are the 10 best airports to depart from when you’re cutting it close:
1. Hobby Airport (HOU)
2. Kansas City International Airport (MCI)
3. Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
4. San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
5. Nashville International Airport (BNA)
6. St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL)
7. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
8. Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
9. Indianapolis International Airport (IND)
10. Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
You can also find the 10 worst airports here: Best and Worst Airports for Late Travelers.