Valleywise Health will host 12 Valley-wide vaccination events
Valleywise Health announced today that it will be launching a series of COVID-19 vaccination events open to the general public with the first happening Friday, May 28 at Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center – Peoria at Grand Ave. and Cotton Crossing from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The one-day-only vaccination events are open to anyone in the community who would like to receive the vaccine with more than 250 appointments available at each event and can be secured by visiting covid19.valleywisehealth.org. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine will be available to adults and children aged 12 and over while single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine is available to those 18 and older. Walk-ups will be accepted pending availability of vaccine, but appointments are encouraged. Given the outdoor temperature, this will not be a drive-thru event and all vaccinations will be administered by medical professionals within the community health centers.
READ ALSO: Answers to your burning COVID-19 vaccine questions
“We have been able to provide COVID-19 vaccine to our existing patients over the last few months through our community health centers, but as we enter this next phase of vaccination, Valleywise Health is pleased to offer this opportunity to the broader community,” says Barbara Harding, Senior VP of Ambulatory Services and CEO of FQHC Clinics at Valleywise Health. “As the safety net health care system of Maricopa County, we believe that anyone who is willing to take the vaccine should have that opportunity and are thankful for our partners at Curative for their assistance in making these events possible.”
Comprehensive list of vaccine events below with details on vaccine available at each. Events subject to change so visit covid19.valleywisehealth.org for latest updates and to book your appointment.
• Friday, May 28 at Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center – Peoria (Pfizer 1st)
• Friday, June 4 at Valleywise Community Health Center – Chandler (Pfizer 1st)
• Tuesday, June 8 at Benedictine University (Pfizer 1st)
• Saturday, June 12 at Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center – Phoenix (Pfizer 1st)
• Friday, June 18 at Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center – Peoria (Pfizer 2nd, J&J)
• Saturday, June 19 at City of Avondale Community Health Center (Pfizer 1st)
• Sunday, June 20 at Laveen Public Schools – Desert Meadows School (Pfizer 1st)
• Friday, June 25 at Valleywise Community Health Center – Chandler (Pfizer 2nd, J&J)
• Tuesday, June 29 at Benedictine University (Pfizer 2nd, J&J)
• Saturday, July 3 at Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center – Phoenix (Pfizer 2nd, J&J)
• Saturday, July 10 at City of Avondale Community Health Center (Pfizer 2nd, J&J)
• Sunday, July 11 at Laveen Public Schools – Desert Meadows School (Pfizer 2nd, J&J)
“As vaccine has become more widely available and barriers to receiving it lessen, we hope our community will take advantage of this opportunity as we seek to slowly come out of this pandemic and get closer to immunity within our County,” says Dr. Michael White, Chief Clinical Officer at Valleywise Health. “We have seen the effectiveness of this COVID-19 vaccine to mitigate serious illness and hospitalization which really provides that light at the end of the tunnel for those in healthcare delivery and all of us as individuals.”
The vaccination events are being generously supported by and administered in partnership with Curative, City of Avondale, Benedictine University and Laveen Public Schools. For the latest information, link to appointment portals and more, visit covid19.valleywisehealth.org.