Christmas at the Princess adds new experiences
As Phoenicians pack their pumpkins away and a cold front finally makes its way to the Valley, it’s the perfect time to start planning which winter festivities to attend. Coming off the heels of Halloween, The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess has announced a line-up of exciting activities and experiences as part of its 13th Annual Christmas at the Princess event. As a multi-year attendee of this family-fun event, I thoroughly recommend adding it to your winter-holiday calendar. The six week festival kicks off Friday, Nov. 18 and ends Monday, Jan. 2, 2023.
This year, the iconic AAA Five Diamond resort is supporting charity partner, Make-A-Wish Foundation, in addition to hosting 150 Make-A-Wish kids and their families for a special evening of Christmas at the Princess. This year’s event will feature all the best loved attractions from Christmases past, such as Desert Ice, Lagoon Lights and Princess Express Train, along with new traditions to experience such as, the ultra-luxe Chateau Champagne, and the Ultimate Santa Experience.
All stays and experiences can be booked at ScottsdalePrincess.com/Christmas.
New offerings as part of Christmas at the Princess 2022, the resort include:
Follow a trail through the romantic setting of Winterland to a candlelit path that leads you to an ultra-luxe retreat — the perfect getaway for the 21-plus crowd amidst the magic of the holiday festivities. Set against a backdrop of an Alpine Chalet, each semi-private fire pit features an all-inclusive menu, including: Moet Imperial Brut, a shellfish tower, truffle Gouda fondue, assorted artisanal petit fours and artisanal s’mores board — complete with ginger snaps and chocolate-stuffed, vanilla-infused marshmallows. This private and exclusive area will have limited capacity to assure a relaxing and romantic evening and will also include: VIP express wristbands to Christmas at the Princess, skate passes and complimentary valet parking.
This year mark’s Fairmont’s first as a global Make-A-Wish partner. Located at the self-parking entrance is a custom built interactive Make-A-Wish playhouse. Guests are encouraged to visit Princess Noel, take photos and enjoy the full sized playhouse, while learning about all the good Make-A-Wish does in the community.
Ultimate Santa Experience
Meet Mrs. Claus, experience the Elf Academy, enjoy milk and specialty cookies, Santa story time and up to 10 digital photos. Featured daily from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. accommodates up to four guests.
Christmas Quest Bubble Wand
Illuminate the night with the all new Christmas Quest Interactive Bubble Wand. Become filled with wonder as you visit 12 stops on the Christmas Quest Experience. Discover holiday magic around every corner, your Christmas Quest RFID-activated wand works as your interactive guide. Your Christmas Quest wand will activate by flashing whimsical colors and blowing a wafting wave of bubbles throughout your journey.
In addition to new experiences and attractions, Christmas at the Princess continues to carry on the tradition of Photos with Santa, ice skating, VIP igloos, S’Mores Land, Winterland and many more family-fun activities, rides and encounters.
Admission and parking details:
• Express pass event admission is complimentary for registered hotel guests.
• Dine at the resort’s signature restaurants and spend a minimum of $75 per vehicle to receive 50% off valet pricing, which includes up to four general admission wristbands to Christmas at the Princess. Reservations required.
• Self-parking and admission — $80, includes up to four wristbands.
• Valet parking and admission — $120, includes up to four wristbands. Must book restaurant reservation in advance.
• General admission includes access to Enchanted Plaza with the four-story musical tree, Enchanted Plaza video show, Princess Express Train, a walk-through experience of more than 6.5 million Lagoon Lights, the Nativity Garden, The Village, Winterland and Twinkle Town.
• For guests not staying at the resort who are ride sharing or walking in, wristbands are $20 per person to ride the attractions including the Princess Express Trains, Snow Mountain Ice Slide, Polar Glide Ice Slide, The Chair Lift Ferris Wheel, Lolli Swings, and the Christmas Carousel. Ice skating, photos with Santa, shopping, parking, dining and spa are priced separately. Non resort guests must pre purchase wristbands at ChristmasatThePrincess.com.