For couples looking to reconnect spiritually, balance their heart chakras or purify their auras before they say, “I do”, Kimpton Amara Resort and Spa in Sedona, Ariz. is giving brides and grooms the chance to embrace local culture and harness the metaphysical energy wildly admired in this Northern Arizona town.
Nestled along Oak Creek, Amara provides the ultimate location for off-the-beaten path destination weddings. Those looking to take a more spiritual or wellness approach to their nuptial can work with Amara’s exceptional wedding team and choose to add-on a variety of unique Sedona-inspired experiences to their big day including:
• Pre-ceremony Vortex Meditation: Sedona vortexes are thought to be swirling centers of energy conducive to healing, meditation and self-exploration. Couples can embark on a spiritual journey at one of the four best-known vortexes in Sedona including Airport Mesa, Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock or Boynton Canyon.
• Sage Smudging Ritual: The sage smudging ceremony is embraced by many cultures around the world. For centuries, people have used smudging as a way to create a cleansing smoke bath that is used to purify the body, aura and energy and is said to aid in wisdom, clarity and increase spiritual awareness.
• Heart Chakra Balancing Ritual: The sounds and vibrations of heart chakra tuning forks are combined with Sedona sun-charged rose quartz crystals to facilitate a concentrated state of relaxation. Rose quartz, known as “the love stone,” represents unconditional love which will open the couple’s heart chakras to all forms of love: self-love, family love, platonic love and romantic love.
• Gem Water Toast: With a variety of gemstone blends available, each mixture of crystals focuses on a different element to harness the mind, body and spirit. From fostering tranquility to opening the heart chakra to all forms of love and achieving the perfect life balance, a gem water toast after the ceremony is the perfect way for couples to start a new life chapter.
• Sedona-centric Color Palettes: Pulling from the color palette of the surrounding lush foliage and the brilliant desert flowers that dot the property, brides and grooms can choose from vibrant colors like green, aubergine, turquoise, bright marigold and hot fuchsia, which perfectly complement the red rock views that envelop the resort.
• Hopi & Navajo Influences: Craftsmanship and traditions of the Hopi and Navajo tribes indigenous to Northern Arizona can be found throughout the resort, such as basket-making, rope-weaving, rain sticks and turquoise. Brides and grooms have an exclusive opportunity to incorporate this connection into their big day with drummers and dancers following the ceremony and spiritual readings from local psychics at the reception.
Setting the stage for intimate traditional and non-traditional ceremonies, the Courtyard Lawn venue at Amara can host up to 75 guests.
The resort’s signature restaurant, SaltRock Southwest Kitchen also offers fully customizable menus focused on using ingredients of the Southwest and Verde Valley. Menus are also available for the rehearsal dinner, bridal parties and morning-after brunches.
From now through May 31, 2018, Amara is running a special wedding promotion for couples who meet a $5,000 food and beverage minimum that includes a complimentary bubbly toast for all reception guests, a complimentary one-night anniversary stay, ceremony table, gift table, upgraded linens, water station, white lawn chairs, house tables, chairs, glassware, flatware, dinnerware and a waived ceremony fee for using the Courtyard Lawn. For those checking in at the resort, the bride and groom will receive a Bridal Suite upgrade and an in-room amenity. Offer is valid for weddings June 1 through Aug. 21, 2018.