Amidst much fanfare and awards surrounding the opening of Ambiente, a Landscape Hotel in Sedona earlier this year, its Velvet Spa has become a destination in its own right. This fall, the spa is opening to the public and introducing a new and greatly expanded menu of healing treatments, facials, CBD services, prenatal offerings, detoxifying body treatments, massages and more.
Situated within the hotel’s two-story, biophilic lobby building, the ethos of Velvet Spa is rooted in blending ancient wellness practices with innovative technologies. Specializing in treatments that integrate regionally sourced ingredients, Velvet’s offerings embody the transformative, healing and even mystical properties for which Sedona is widely revered, to improve health and well-being for guests.
Some highlights of the new treatment menu include:
- AcuGlow™ Facial: This high-touch proprietary facial treatment fuses innovative technology with the ancient rituals of gua sha and facial cupping to sculpt, tone and brighten the skin. Starting with lymphatic drainage to depuff, smooth and reactive collagen synthesis, a custom choice of LED-light therapy then deeply heals as it addresses specific skin goals. Guests are gifted a TOMA AcuGlow™ at-home system with a gua sha tool, sculpting treatment oil and facial cup to continue their treatment at home.
- Couple’s Escape Package: Designed for couples who wish to share their rejuvenation ritual together, this treatment begins with a deep, personal aromatic salt-infused soak in Velvet’s warm and effervescent Japanese soaking baths. Then, enjoy a full-body classic or deep tissue massage with special attention devoted to the upper body to open the heart and invite energy flow between the couple.
- Energetic Experiences: Tap into the body’s energy pathways through several transformational experiences that incorporate modalities like sound bowls, traditional massage, chakra balancing, aromatherapy, crystals and gentle energy work. An Energy Exploration service is also available, which begins with a relaxing massage and then seamlessly transitions into cranial sacral and/or reiki at key points.
- Ear Seeds: Drawing inspiration from the ancient wisdom of Chinese medicine, the artful application of miniature seed gems to select pressure points within the ear provides continuous acupressure and relief for a span of two to five days, offering a holistic way to heal common ailments ranging from insomnia to migraines as well as improving well-being.
- Ultimate Zen: Tailored to the guest’s preferred signature aroma, this shea butter-intensive, full-body experience includes a scrub, wrap, scalp and neck massage followed by a full body massage to reach an ultimate state of healing and nirvana from head-to-toe.
- Athletic Detox Specialty Massage: A unique approach, and ideal for athletes taking advantage of the many hiking and biking trails in Sedona, this sports massage is a targeted pressure point treatment utilizing arnica and warm stones to provide a deeper release of muscle tension and toxins, rebuilding flexibility and performance potential.
The only offerings of their kind in Sedona, Velvet also features several highly unique, private spaces that enhance the overall spa experience. In the Dark Sky Lounge, a specially designed bed equipped with InHarmony Interactive Vibroacoustic Sound Lounge Technology to transport guests into a deeply relaxing meditative state through a full-body physiologic and auditory experience using vibrational sound, and music. Adjacent to the lounge, private O2 Soaking Baths – configured for either one couple or a solo guest – feature Japanese-style tubs with oxygen-infused water that deeply penetrates and nurtures the skin, in addition to the many other benefits of hydrotherapy. Just outside the spa, a spacious, three-quarter-enclosed Outdoor Infrared Sauna, complete with black-mirrored, floor-to-ceiling walls for ultimate privacy, overlooks the property’s beautiful ancient waterways, and offers a deeply curative treatment.
Led by Spa Director Deborah Waldvogel, in collaboration with Ambiente owner and former professional aesthetician Jennifer May, the intimate spa’s three private treatment rooms each feature their own variation of contemporary, minimal décor, with earthy fixtures and nature-inspired enhancements that have been thoughtfully curated to reflect an authentic Arizona essence. Designed with serenity in mind, the only light emitted in each well-appointed space is cast from backlit murals lining the walls that depict some of the Southwest’s most exceptional scenery – including the world-renowned starry skies, vibrant red rocks and winding slot canyons of picturesque destinations like Sedona, Monument Valley and Antelope Canyon – giving each landscape a “glowing” appearance. Lambswool heated pads, cozy microfiber sheet sets and a warm, sunset-colored velvet blanket atop each luxurious treatment bed will allow the guest to feel fully relaxed and stress-free, while a Bluetooth-enabled sound system can be used by the therapist to select music and sounds that yield an even more immersive experience. Velvet offers two romantic couples’ suites, perfect for guests celebrating special moments, where they can craft their own unique spa story together.
“At Velvet, we have artfully designed an oasis of tranquility that transcends the ordinary – echoing the exceptional beauty of Sedona. Our harmonious blend of state-of-the-art technology and time-honored therapies, inspired by the very essence of our iconic red rock surroundings, invites guests to embark on a transformative sensory journey unlike any other in this region,” said Deborah Waldvogel.
For more information, visit AmbienteSedona.com.